Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

eg steering column damage help

Old 10-24-2007, 02:57 PM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
anewbreedx008x has disabled reputation
Default eg steering column damage help

hey i just bought a eg hatch (1995), and to me there is evidence that it had been stolen before. there are some dings and damage to the roof a bit like someone pried it open, and the tilt steering is loose. when u lock the lever in, you can still move the steering wheel a bit (as if someone had broken the steering lock) and the ignition harness and key cylinder looks as tho it has been replaced and not corretly put back into place.(its loose doesnt seem bolted in) i took the clamshell off as well as the under dash so i can pretty much see everything above the pedals, i can see both knuckles as well. it seems as if its missing a brace (or maybe the wheel lock system??) i dont know i havent ever had a issue like this before. PLZ HELP!!

do you guys have any suggestions, the car is in awesome shape and has low mileage i want to fix it and make it right again. any pictures of what it is SUPPOSED to look like would be helpful, or any suggestion would be great. thanks in advance

i can provide pics if that would help at all
Old 10-25-2007, 02:19 PM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
anewbreedx008x has disabled reputation
Default Re: eg steering column damage help

up for answers