Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

I NEED ALL THE HELP I CAN GET!

Old 08-20-2006, 06:54 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
UneekOne_89Si is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy I NEED ALL THE HELP I CAN GET!

I just recently bought an 89 Hoda Civic Si from this guy and the car had been wrecked like three times. He had an engine put in that only had like fourty thousand miles on it and supposedly a new clutch. Well I drove it home and within the past three days I have been hearing alot of funny sounds coming from it. One, while im driving the right rear wheel seems like its going to fall the hell off and two, the clutch feels like its about to fall the hell out. Three while im turning at a slow speed, I hear a loud clicking coming from the front. Is there anybody close to newport news out there that will come and test drive this hunk of shit and tell me whats wrong?
Old 08-20-2006, 07:03 AM
TRX 450 TYPE R

h23havoc has disabled reputation
Default Re: I NEED ALL THE HELP I CAN GET!

the loud clicking while turning is more than likely a bad axle
Old 08-20-2006, 07:09 AM
Ghost

MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF

Originally Posted by h23havoc
the loud clicking while turning is more than likely a bad axle
Which isn't actually possible, but it more than likely IS a bad CV joint, which is what connects the axle at both ends.

As for everything else, I'm not even totally sure what the hell you said, but I'll try.

The rear wheel "falling off" is easy, because there's only really two things it could be; 1) the lugnuts aren't properly tightened or 2) the wheel bearings are shot and need to be replaced. So that's easy.

I don't know how a clutch "feels like it's falling out"...so I can't troubleshoot it. If you'd like to give a real description of what it's doing, maybe we can help.
Old 08-20-2006, 03:02 PM
TRX 450 TYPE R

h23havoc has disabled reputation

well im sure hes gonna buy the whole damn axle n e way, i dont just by the cv joints i buy the whole axle.
Old 08-20-2006, 07:39 PM
Boosted F2B

99EJ6T is an unknown quantity at this point

Last edited by 99EJ6T; 08-23-2006 at 02:54 PM.
Old 08-21-2006, 03:57 AM
Bitches get Stitches

sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike

Wow, did you not test drive this thing?
Old 08-21-2006, 04:44 AM
Speak&Spell Anyone?

Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell

I think the problems you are having with the clutch is from no front motor mount. Most people that put new motors in those cars don't put that motor mount back in because they don't think they need it, but you do. Without that motor mount you will feel a nasty chatter, shutter, clunking, and it will seem like it doesn't go into gear that easy. Check that motor mount and go from there.

But with the other problems what merf and everyone else said was right. Sometimes the wrong steeles are put in the car and the wheels don't mount up right so it could seem tight but it is sitting funny.