Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

I am not getting full boost

Old 02-28-2009, 08:34 PM
The Douche is here

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
oodie is infamous around these partsoodie is infamous around these partsoodie is infamous around these partsoodie is infamous around these partsoodie is infamous around these partsoodie is infamous around these partsoodie is infamous around these partsoodie is infamous around these partsoodie is infamous around these partsoodie is infamous around these partsoodie is infamous around these parts
Default Re: I am not getting full boost

I figured it out. It was a coupler it didn't blow off it ripped open at bottom. Shue sent a pm also
Old 03-01-2009, 06:18 AM
TurboPipingSystems

thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal

....exactly.... there is no way that it would be the vacuum line going into the boost controller. If the signal is lost to your boost controller, the boost level should actually max out since there is nothing (no signal) that tells the wastegate to open. Unless as Chris (fabrik8) said, wastegate is not closing properly or is not seated properly, internally or externally.
Old 03-01-2009, 01:56 PM
Registered Member

weldmatic has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by thermal
....exactly.... there is no way that it would be the vacuum line going into the boost controller. If the signal is lost to your boost controller, the boost level should actually max out since there is nothing (no signal) that tells the wastegate to open. Unless as Chris (fabrik8) said, wastegate is not closing properly or is not seated properly, internally or externally.
actually.... he has a 7 psi spring sooooo if the signal line whas off it would only boost to 7 psi.... with a fmic it would be resonably 6 psi at the manifold or guage.....

with a 7 psi spring and a mbc set at 14 if the signal fails it maxes at 7.......

how it works

a blown coupler usually make a loud surging noise...... but no one told us that
Old 03-02-2009, 10:41 AM
Registered Member

c.h.r.i.s. has disabled reputation

my friend had a problem like this before. i think it was from not having his wastegate adjusted properly, so the spring inside the wastegate gave out and wouldnt build up as much pressure as it should have been. so i would check the spring