Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

How to remove climate control 96 civic?

Old 05-09-2009, 11:17 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Blaznkwest will become famous soon enough
Default How to remove climate control 96 civic?

Nevermind I am an idiot. Hazard switch popped out without having to disassemble the climate control bezel.

Last edited by Blaznkwest; 05-11-2009 at 11:10 AM.
Old 05-09-2009, 11:36 AM
Registered member

i need a civic! has disabled reputation
Default Re: How to remove climate control 96 civic?

take out the whole middlle dash...like radio a/c etc
Old 05-09-2009, 11:54 AM
nannerpus, nannerpus

Carter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these parts

http://lonewolf-online.net/cars/hond...adio-headunit/

that help?
Old 05-09-2009, 02:46 PM
Registered Member

aacjohnc has disabled reputation

once you drop the bottm plastic peice where the cig lighter plugs into there is four screws two for the climate control and two for the radio bezelk .take them out . should be four gold screw . take oout your radio . the pocket if you have one and all your plastic peices for your ac/heat system. the top side should be held in by clips no screw should pull out after you drop the bottom screw .i think there is two gold screws in the back of the heat/ac unit that u have to take out to .if i remeber correct . the cliamte control unti will stay in there and the radio bezel will come out after that. then you should be able to get to the hazard switch .

Last edited by aacjohnc; 05-09-2009 at 02:50 PM.
Old 05-09-2009, 02:55 PM
Registered Member

aacjohnc has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Carter

not what hes trying to do . this is for a radio install. hes tryiong to get the black radio bezel removed from the car that hold the radio , climate control,and vents into place that way he can get to the hazrd button

Last edited by aacjohnc; 05-09-2009 at 02:57 PM.
Old 05-11-2009, 09:10 AM
Registered Member

Blaznkwest will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by aacjohnc
once you drop the bottm plastic peice where the cig lighter plugs into there is four screws two for the climate control and two for the radio bezelk .take them out . should be four gold screw . take oout your radio . the pocket if you have one and all your plastic peices for your ac/heat system. the top side should be held in by clips no screw should pull out after you drop the bottom screw .i think there is two gold screws in the back of the heat/ac unit that u have to take out to .if i remeber correct . the cliamte control unti will stay in there and the radio bezel will come out after that. then you should be able to get to the hazard switch .
Are you sure that's not for a 96-98? I took out this before in my 99 civic to install a radio, but this one is different for some reason. The bottom part is held in by clips, the top part seems to be held in by screws, but I cannot find them to save my life. I thought it was held in by clips too, so I tried prying it out with a flathead, but I didn't want to break anything so I kind of gave up on that idea.