Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

How low can a CRX be before a Camber kit is needed?

Old 05-01-2009, 11:10 AM
05 Kawi ZX6R

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ricer Rob has disabled reputation
Default How low can a CRX be before a Camber kit is needed?

I just lowered my project crx, I usually don't slam my cars so I can get away with not using a camber kit. Seeing as this is just going to be a track car I lowered it a little lower than usual. Anyone Know about how low it can be before a camber kit is needed?
Old 05-01-2009, 11:11 AM
Registered member

sleekef is infamous around these partssleekef is infamous around these partssleekef is infamous around these partssleekef is infamous around these partssleekef is infamous around these partssleekef is infamous around these partssleekef is infamous around these partssleekef is infamous around these partssleekef is infamous around these partssleekef is infamous around these partssleekef is infamous around these parts
Default Re: How low can a CRX be before a Camber kit is needed?

anything more then 1.75 of a inch i would say..

mine is 2in's dropped and i had to get one ASAP!
Old 05-01-2009, 11:15 AM
05 Kawi ZX6R

Originally Posted by sleekef
anything more then 1.75 of a inch i would say..

mine is 2in's dropped and i had to get one ASAP!
yea the tops of my 14s are just barely starting to tuck so I'm guessing I'm gunna need one lol.
Old 05-01-2009, 12:23 PM
Brown Water

Livin_Legend Livin_Legend Livin_Legend Livin_Legend Livin_Legend Livin_Legend Livin_Legend Livin_Legend Livin_Legend Livin_Legend Livin_Legend

If your not worried about irregular tire wear then I wouldn't rush, but you will eat through a set of tires quick. Straight track or twisted?
Old 05-02-2009, 06:46 AM
05 Kawi ZX6R

Originally Posted by Livin_Legend
If your not worried about irregular tire wear then I wouldn't rush, but you will eat through a set of tires quick. Straight track or twisted?
yea it has shit tires right now so and the cars not even on the road yet so it's not a huge rush. I'm building the car just to race out at langley this summer.
Old 05-02-2009, 06:52 AM
<3

elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz

Originally Posted by Livin_Legend
Bullshit. Toe eats through tires. Camber does not eat through tires like you say.

The only reason my car has a camber kit on the front is because it came with one when I bought it. Otherwise it wouldn't ever get one.
Old 05-02-2009, 08:37 AM
Registered member

RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask

Originally Posted by elambz
Bullshit. Toe eats through tires. Camber does not eat through tires like you say.

The only reason my car has a camber kit on the front is because it came with one when I bought it. Otherwise it wouldn't ever get one.
Yes toe is the ultimate in eating through tires. However, while not as aggressive, camber doeds as well.
Old 05-02-2009, 08:50 AM
I Love to Hate

B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well

Originally Posted by RandomTask
Yes toe is the ultimate in eating through tires. However, while not as aggressive, camber doeds as well.
Exactly

with excessive camber you are cencentrating the tire wear on just the inside instead of accross the tread. this is with the toe corrected.

You can think of it as instead of you and some friends each carrying a bag of concrete. The more negative camber you have the more bags your friends are putting on your shoulders and leavin you hangin.
Old 05-04-2009, 11:39 AM
Registered member

sleekef is infamous around these partssleekef is infamous around these partssleekef is infamous around these partssleekef is infamous around these partssleekef is infamous around these partssleekef is infamous around these partssleekef is infamous around these partssleekef is infamous around these partssleekef is infamous around these partssleekef is infamous around these partssleekef is infamous around these parts

A Alignment is more important then a camber kit for tire life..

everyone is right with the toe settings eating tires
Old 05-04-2009, 12:59 PM
Team Ultraspeed

Yell88CRXsi has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by sleekef
A Alignment is more important then a camber kit for tire life..

everyone is right with the toe settings eating tires
Sleekef is correct.

Lowering a car changes camber which inturn will effect toe. Even with a car that had perfect alignment and camber before being lowered.
That's why it is important to have your car align after lowering. Camber will not be so much of an issue with a good alignment. (toe)
I never bought a camber kit. I just had Chris over at Bert's Alignment "cold bend" my spindles.

I would say to the OP that 1.75" is the sweet spot between looking good and not trashing the bottom of you ride. Besides, have you ever driven a dropped CRX or 4th gen civic? It sucks and I hope you do not have an expensive header or you'll be kissing that one goodbye. I'm running about 1.75" drop which in most opinions is too high. But I'm still wiping out headers. It's your choice.

Last edited by Yell88CRXsi; 05-04-2009 at 01:06 PM.

Quick Reply: How low can a CRX be before a Camber kit is needed?