Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

How to install teg sway bars on a Civic?

Old 11-23-2002, 08:50 PM
Ravishing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Skeletor Skeletor Skeletor
Default How to install teg sway bars on a Civic?

I need some help with my roll problem. I currently have no bars on my DX coupe. Can I install a Type R rear bar? Also what is a good front bar to go with the rear one? What are all the parts I'll need for the front and rear install? I know I could always buy aftermarket ones but I'm trying to stay on a budget.
Old 11-24-2002, 06:44 AM
Asshole Supreme

S dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud of

I would type it all out, but this is much easier.

5g Civic rear ITR sway bar install:
http://hybrid2.honda-perf.org/tech/ITRon5G.html

6g Civic rear ITR sway bar install:
http://hybrid2.honda-perf.org/tech/ITRon6G.html

For the front, you will need all of the mouning hardware and both endlinks for which ever bar you plan to use. You will also need the front lower control arms from an Ex Civic. That shoul be all you need to mount the front bar.

By the way, what year is your Civic?
Old 11-24-2002, 08:54 AM
Ravishing

94 DX coupe. Red just like yours. Well, it's red but the paint is in bad shape.
Old 11-24-2002, 09:38 AM
Asshole Supreme

S dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud of

Adding the sway bars is a pretty easy task, but if you aren't using an Integra spring rate or higher you will have sub frame rip out problems with the rear ITR bar. I am using 550 lb. up front and 450 lb. in the rear and have no problems with my ITR rear bar for a little over a year and a half now. If you have any other questions just ask and I will help you out if you like.
Old 11-27-2002, 05:27 PM
Ravishing

I really don't know what my spring rates are. I have Neuspeed Sports. Maybe I can find out somewhere. Thanks for the offer, I'm sure I'll need guidence when I finally get going.
Old 11-27-2002, 09:21 PM
///m thrizzle

trip has disabled reputation

Originally posted by 0psi
Adding the sway bars is a pretty easy task, but if you aren't using an Integra spring rate or higher you will have sub frame rip out problems with the rear ITR bar. I am using 550 lb. up front and 450 lb. in the rear and have no problems with my ITR rear bar for a little over a year and a half now. If you have any other questions just ask and I will help you out if you like.
damn how does our car ride on the street?
Old 11-28-2002, 04:12 AM
Asshole Supreme

Originally posted by trip
damn how does our car ride on the street?
Suprisingly not that bad. It is a little stiff, but I sacrificed that for better handles.
Old 11-28-2002, 09:36 AM
///m thrizzle

trip has disabled reputation

Originally posted by 0psi
Suprisingly not that bad. It is a little stiff, but I sacrificed that for better handles.

damn straight you did, NICE.