Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

horn relay info

Old 11-21-2005, 08:29 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hondazccivic is an unknown quantity at this point
Default horn relay info

Hey, i need to buy a new relay for my horn, but i did not have one in the car when I bought it. So if someone can tell me the amperage that relay uses, and the other info that the honda dealership would need that would be great. They told me that they can not give me the right one without me writting down the info on the old one or bringing it in. So if someone could do that that would be great.
Old 11-21-2005, 12:20 PM
Dont guess, diagnose

連続注入 連続注入 連続注入 連続注入 連続注入 連続注入 連続注入 連続注入 連続注入 連続注入 連続注入
Default Re: horn relay info

Most likely a 12V 10 AMP fuse.
Old 11-21-2005, 12:56 PM

Gustav is infamous around these partsGustav is infamous around these partsGustav is infamous around these partsGustav is infamous around these partsGustav is infamous around these partsGustav is infamous around these partsGustav is infamous around these partsGustav is infamous around these partsGustav is infamous around these partsGustav is infamous around these partsGustav is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by hondazccivic
Hey, i need to buy a new relay for my horn, but i did not have one in the car when I bought it. So if someone can tell me the amperage that relay uses, and the other info that the honda dealership would need that would be great. They told me that they can not give me the right one without me writting down the info on the old one or bringing it in. So if someone could do that that would be great.

Sorry to tell you this but what the dealership told you is a bunch of crap. Call Hall Honda Parts, ask for Sara and have your V.I.N. number handy. She can get you the right part without needing numbers off of the old one.

Well, I just saw that you are from the Great White North. So you don't know about Hall Honda so I made the call for ya. Apparently there is no listing for a "horn relay" for your car. All they show are "power relay" and they need to if it is 1,2 or 3 or something like that. Go to the junkyard and start scavenging relays is my suggestion.

Last edited by Gustav; 11-21-2005 at 01:17 PM.
Old 11-21-2005, 02:42 PM
Registered Member

hondazccivic is an unknown quantity at this point

Well there is a horn relay designed just for the horn. I don't really have much time to go to the junkyard, but i guess i will if i have to. Thanks though.
Old 11-23-2005, 12:02 PM

Gustav is infamous around these partsGustav is infamous around these partsGustav is infamous around these partsGustav is infamous around these partsGustav is infamous around these partsGustav is infamous around these partsGustav is infamous around these partsGustav is infamous around these partsGustav is infamous around these partsGustav is infamous around these partsGustav is infamous around these parts

Try this part number with your local dealer. RC-2201 or RC-2701. They are the possible numbers on the relay.