Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

horn

Old 11-23-2008, 03:22 PM
oh no the REDBOX !!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
coup3y is infamous around these partscoup3y is infamous around these partscoup3y is infamous around these partscoup3y is infamous around these partscoup3y is infamous around these partscoup3y is infamous around these partscoup3y is infamous around these partscoup3y is infamous around these partscoup3y is infamous around these partscoup3y is infamous around these partscoup3y is infamous around these parts
Default horn

ok..i finally got my JDM Sir steering wheel put in which is non SRS. When i took of my stock wheel (95 civic) i had to take of my srs system to make the wheel fit. Now my dilema is that the horn wire was part of my stock srs sytem so now i haev NO HORN !!!

does anyone know how the hell to wire the horn back to the steering wheel...if so PLEASE let me know !!!
Old 11-23-2008, 03:28 PM
Registered Member

temp2 will become famous soon enoughtemp2 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: horn

youre fucked, basically. You'll need to wire an external horn button to pass inspection. I have heard theres a little brass part you can get for it that'll make it operational though, its a honda oem part, though its jdm, so youre fucked.
Old 11-23-2008, 03:29 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Just leave it unhooked. You'll fail inspection just as fast with no airbag as you will with no horn.
Old 11-23-2008, 03:36 PM
Registered Member

temp2 will become famous soon enoughtemp2 will become famous soon enough

you can disconnect the srs light from the back of the cluster.
Old 11-23-2008, 03:43 PM
TurboPipingSystems

thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal

it can be rewired. I did it on my Teg. I fabricated a piece of brass/copper that was flexible enough to make a contact under the JDM steering wheel. If you look closely under the JDM steering wheel, you'll see a circular metal surface. The stock horn wire must make a contact on that at all times.... and obviously, it cannot be a wire, otherwise, it will just wrap around the steering wheel as you turn. So the solution was that piece of brass/copper. Making that contact on that metal surface does not mean that your horn is sound off.... it is just a connection point. The horn button still completes the circuit as you press on it to make the sound. Hard to explain nor visualize.... but it can be done. Most aftermarket steering wheel are wired the same way.

.... as far as the SRS.... you cant do nothing about that.... i took the light off....ha!
Old 11-24-2008, 05:16 PM
oh no the REDBOX !!!

coup3y is infamous around these partscoup3y is infamous around these partscoup3y is infamous around these partscoup3y is infamous around these partscoup3y is infamous around these partscoup3y is infamous around these partscoup3y is infamous around these partscoup3y is infamous around these partscoup3y is infamous around these partscoup3y is infamous around these partscoup3y is infamous around these parts

well i had already installed Sir cluster so has no srs light. and i found a forum on honda-tech that show step by step how to do it. You have to buy a shoe horn of 88-91 civic (piece of brass) that makes contact all the time. and there has got to be a way around the airbag situation.
Old 11-24-2008, 06:01 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Originally Posted by coup3y
and there has got to be a way around the airbag situation.
If the car came with airbags, then I don't think there is anyway around it. I'm surprised none of the state inspectors on the board have chimed in.
Old 11-24-2008, 06:44 PM
oh no the REDBOX !!!

well if there is a state inspector out there please chime in. is there anyone around this ?? can u register the car without airbags ??.....or to be honest do some ppl just not check it ??