Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Horn Button Question

Old 01-19-2009, 04:24 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EF8SohcMan is a name known to allEF8SohcMan is a name known to allEF8SohcMan is a name known to allEF8SohcMan is a name known to allEF8SohcMan is a name known to allEF8SohcMan is a name known to all
Default Horn Button Question

i got 2 wires comin out of my hub and a 1 wire horn button. is the black wire coming out of the hub a ground that i should just hook down somewhere on the steering column? i can get the horn to work if i hook the yellow wire to button and let the black wire chill down behind the button but sometimes the horn will keep honkin and wont stop untill i pop the button out and detach everything. any suggestions on a way to install
Attached Thumbnails Horn Button Question-dsc01206.jpg  
Old 01-19-2009, 04:34 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
98formulaLS1 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Horn Button Question

Originally Posted by EF8SohcMan
i got 2 wires comin out of my hub and a 1 wire horn button. is the black wire coming out of the hub a ground that i should just hook down somewhere on the steering column? i can get the horn to work if i hook the yellow wire to button and let the black wire chill down behind the button but sometimes the horn will keep honkin and wont stop untill i pop the button out and detach everything. any suggestions on a way to install
the horn will honk when the wire is grounded. if you have a horn switch with one terminl, then you must ground the switch. So when you press the switch it will connect the horn wire to ground.