Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

hondata intake manifold gasket .... worth it ?

Old 05-02-2011, 12:36 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
backtoarms backtoarms backtoarms backtoarms backtoarms backtoarms backtoarms
Default Re: hondata intake manifold gasket .... worth it ?

LOL!
Old 05-02-2011, 12:41 PM
H Tweezy

H22PwrdInspire is on a distinguished road

the hondata i/m gasket does make a difference in temp. def recommend going with it when you replace your i/m
Old 05-02-2011, 01:30 PM
RIP DRAGVA-2016

NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch

Originally Posted by C_WAKE
Finally someone with some reading comprehension skills thanks man . Still haven't gotten an answer thought . Just wandering if there is any truth to their claims as to heat transfer with their gasket
i have used them on all my builds, and never run into an issue
Old 05-02-2011, 02:28 PM
Registered member

C_WAKE is infamous around these partsC_WAKE is infamous around these partsC_WAKE is infamous around these partsC_WAKE is infamous around these partsC_WAKE is infamous around these partsC_WAKE is infamous around these partsC_WAKE is infamous around these partsC_WAKE is infamous around these partsC_WAKE is infamous around these partsC_WAKE is infamous around these partsC_WAKE is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by NasTHatch
i have used them on all my builds, and never run into an issue
k thanks... by the way... mani just pulled up
Old 05-02-2011, 03:28 PM
slingshot engage.

dyoungin' dyoungin' dyoungin' dyoungin' dyoungin' dyoungin' dyoungin' dyoungin' dyoungin' dyoungin' dyoungin'

I think its worth it.

I just put one of my Si last week and I can now put my hand on the IM after driving, whereas I could not before because it was too hot.
Old 05-02-2011, 04:02 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

They work decently. Whether you'll pick up an appreciable amount of power completely depends on the engine setup, and I've never personally done any dyno tuning to find out how well they work. Intuition says that anything capable of noticeably lowering the temperature of the intake manifold must have an effect on power, but how much is the question. Without knowing what the temperature drop is going to be, and under what conditions, it's hard to predict.

You can get them for about $50 from InlineFour, and I'd say that's money well spent for a good reduction in manifold temp.
Old 05-02-2011, 04:06 PM
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT

worth every penny in my opinion. Before the hondata gasket on my turbo gsr the manifold would be scalding hot while the car was running. After I installed the hondata gasket I could drive the car for an hour and pop the hood, put my hand on the manifold and it was luke warm and didnt burn my hand. I would definitely reccomend it.
Old 05-02-2011, 04:23 PM
Registered member

C_WAKE is infamous around these partsC_WAKE is infamous around these partsC_WAKE is infamous around these partsC_WAKE is infamous around these partsC_WAKE is infamous around these partsC_WAKE is infamous around these partsC_WAKE is infamous around these partsC_WAKE is infamous around these partsC_WAKE is infamous around these partsC_WAKE is infamous around these partsC_WAKE is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by dyoungin'
I think its worth it.

I just put one of my Si last week and I can now put my hand on the IM after driving, whereas I could not before because it was too hot.
sweet
Old 05-02-2011, 05:15 PM
Registered member

NM
Old 05-02-2011, 05:22 PM
Registered member

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
They work decently. Whether you'll pick up an appreciable amount of power completely depends on the engine setup, and I've never personally done any dyno tuning to find out how well they work. Intuition says that anything capable of noticeably lowering the temperature of the intake manifold must have an effect on power, but how much is the question. Without knowing what the temperature drop is going to be, and under what conditions, it's hard to predict.

You can get them for about $50 from InlineFour, and I'd say that's money well spent for a good reduction in manifold temp.
My thoughts also... $50 isnt bad to spend on something that probably works lol. InlineFour is that a local shop or are you referring to the online.

Quick Reply: hondata intake manifold gasket .... worth it ?