Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

hondata intake manifold gasket .... worth it ?

Old 05-01-2011, 06:36 PM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C_WAKE is infamous around these partsC_WAKE is infamous around these partsC_WAKE is infamous around these partsC_WAKE is infamous around these partsC_WAKE is infamous around these partsC_WAKE is infamous around these partsC_WAKE is infamous around these partsC_WAKE is infamous around these partsC_WAKE is infamous around these partsC_WAKE is infamous around these partsC_WAKE is infamous around these parts
Default hondata intake manifold gasket .... worth it ?

Just like title says I got a new skunk2 intake coming and have.to replace the gasket anyways so ... anyone have experience with one . Does it help .... I have na fully build gsr for reference
Old 05-01-2011, 06:40 PM
WEEEEEEEEEEE

TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT
Default Re: hondata intake manifold gasket .... worth it ?

Originally Posted by C_WAKE
Just like title says I got a new skunk2 intake coming and have.to replace the gasket anyways so ... anyone have experience with one . Does it help .... I have na fully build gsr for reference
Um, this thread makes no sense. If you have to replace the gasket(and I hope you would)then you have to do it.

And help what? Unless you got the BIWP Gasket, you won't get the 13hp you are looking for. Make sure you get a BIWP gasket.
Old 05-01-2011, 06:44 PM
Registered member

C_WAKE is infamous around these partsC_WAKE is infamous around these partsC_WAKE is infamous around these partsC_WAKE is infamous around these partsC_WAKE is infamous around these partsC_WAKE is infamous around these partsC_WAKE is infamous around these partsC_WAKE is infamous around these partsC_WAKE is infamous around these partsC_WAKE is infamous around these partsC_WAKE is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by TATTRAT
Um, this thread makes no sense. If you have to replace the gasket(and I hope you would)then you have to do it.

And help what? Unless you got the BIWP Gasket, you won't get the 13hp you are looking for. Make sure you get a BIWP gasket.
first read the title then read it again and if you still don't understand read it again . I am going to replace it I wanted to know if the hondata is worth using instead or oem. What does BIWP mean ?
Old 05-01-2011, 06:47 PM
WEEEEEEEEEEE

TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT

Maybe you should do a lil research on BWIP parts.

And what is there to re-read? When changing anything where a gasket is involved, it is good cheap insurance to replace the gasket, duh. I wouldn't re-use a $13 part, just get new.
Old 05-01-2011, 07:08 PM
RIP DRAGVA-2016

NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch

Originally Posted by TATTRAT
Maybe you should do a lil research on BWIP parts.

And what is there to re-read? When changing anything where a gasket is involved, it is good cheap insurance to replace the gasket, duh. I wouldn't re-use a $13 part, just get new.
it's not honda gasket he is asking about the HONDATA gasket which is thicker/ blue in color vs the paper gasket

Old 05-02-2011, 04:41 AM
Registered member

Originally Posted by NasTHatch
it's not honda gasket he is asking about the HONDATA gasket which is thicker/ blue in color vs the paper gasket

Finally someone with some reading comprehension skills thanks man . Still haven't gotten an answer thought . Just wandering if there is any truth to their claims as to heat transfer with their gasket
Old 05-02-2011, 10:24 AM
B.E.T.P.

hatchblack has disabled reputation

i havent tested the temps but im sure its much better.... ps, i have two
Old 05-02-2011, 11:10 AM
Registered member

Originally Posted by hatchblack
i havent tested the temps but im sure its much better.... ps, i have two
Thanks . U have 2 gaskets ?
Old 05-02-2011, 11:20 AM
A.K.A Jebus

Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo

Originally Posted by C_WAKE
Thanks . U have 2 gaskets ?
yea if you double the gaskets you get better results.

lol he dumb
Old 05-02-2011, 11:35 AM
Registered member

Originally Posted by Scotty_Nooo
yea if you double the gaskets you get better results.

lol he dumb
good idea

Quick Reply: hondata intake manifold gasket .... worth it ?