Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

hks bov issue

Old 12-11-2008, 10:54 PM
Racetracks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8
Default Re: hks bov issue

So you're saying you've installed another one and it doesn't work either? Did something happen with the intake piping that may have warped or twisted the mounting seat such that the BOV is getting deformed? Have you checked for blockage in the vac line?
Old 12-12-2008, 05:27 AM
FL1PSDE 101

Fl1pSde 101 has a reputation beyond reputeFl1pSde 101 has a reputation beyond reputeFl1pSde 101 has a reputation beyond reputeFl1pSde 101 has a reputation beyond reputeFl1pSde 101 has a reputation beyond reputeFl1pSde 101 has a reputation beyond reputeFl1pSde 101 has a reputation beyond reputeFl1pSde 101 has a reputation beyond reputeFl1pSde 101 has a reputation beyond reputeFl1pSde 101 has a reputation beyond reputeFl1pSde 101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
So you're saying you've installed another one and it doesn't work either? Did something happen with the intake piping that may have warped or twisted the mounting seat such that the BOV is getting deformed? Have you checked for blockage in the vac line?
yeah i installed another one and still didnt open up.....like I picked it up from stock or modified when it was worked on came home it was working fine 3 days later for some reason it just stopped opening up.I replaced the vacuum line,tried other vacuum source on its own..stil no luck.I tried to push it with my finger and its real stiff and had to put a little force to push the piston back.before my bov opens up a lil on idle.now its just completely shut.im not sure if the vacuum is not storng enough or someone on here suggest taken one of the springs out to loosen it up and it should work but im not sure about it cause i had my old one for over a year and worked fine..u think there a vauum leak somewhere,could dat be a possibility

Last edited by Fl1pSde 101; 12-12-2008 at 05:29 AM.
Old 12-12-2008, 05:39 PM
Registered Member

brandon.beene can only hope to improve

Originally Posted by Fl1pSde 101
yeah i installed another one and still didnt open up.....like I picked it up from stock or modified when it was worked on came home it was working fine 3 days later for some reason it just stopped opening up.I replaced the vacuum line,tried other vacuum source on its own..stil no luck.I tried to push it with my finger and its real stiff and had to put a little force to push the piston back.before my bov opens up a lil on idle.now its just completely shut.im not sure if the vacuum is not storng enough or someone on here suggest taken one of the springs out to loosen it up and it should work but im not sure about it cause i had my old one for over a year and worked fine..u think there a vauum leak somewhere,could dat be a possibility
do like i said and let me know what happens