Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

HELP!!! SAFC install

Old 07-23-2003, 07:46 AM
I <3 BOOST

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Iceman05 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default HELP!!! SAFC install

I have a 98 civic with a GReddy turbo, right now im using the Blue Box for fuel managment. I have a SAFC limited edition and the english instructions, but they do not cover all the wires that need to be tapped. I noticed that all the SAFC wires are the exact same colors as the Blue Box wires (except the knock sensor which the blue box doesnt have). I was wondering if the wires tapped into the same ECU wires as the Blue Box. If not, where can i find complete installation instructions?
Old 07-23-2003, 09:47 AM
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT

go to the apex site, they have everything if youve lost your instructions.......
Old 07-23-2003, 10:16 AM
I <3 BOOST

i got all the avaliable manuals from online, but they only show like 6 of the wires. I need a diagram with all the locations.
Old 07-23-2003, 10:33 AM
TurboPipingSystems

thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal

Slow down son,
<-------------------------- to the rescue
First off, the GReddy Blue Box (FCU) is definitely NOT the same wiring as the SAFC. Trust me, I've wired both of them before. I even wired them in tandem at one point. The blue box taps into the each of the 4 injector signal to modify the injector pulses. The SAFC works on a combination of RPM/MAP/Throttle position signals to alter the fuel scheduling. Anyway, I had a few people buggin' me about this install, so finally I went ahead and made this fancy drawing. This is what you are looking for:

http://hstuners.com/forums/showthrea...threadid=16194
While at it, look around my website at www.thermal99.com to get more useful info about turbo D16's. Peace out.....enjoy

.....and you're right. The schematic for your car is not available on-line......
Old 07-23-2003, 11:55 AM
I <3 BOOST

thanks alot man, this should work with the D16Y8 as well right? U think maybe u could help me once i get the AFC hooked up so i can use the "hack." I read about an even better one here: http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=137901
Thanks again!
Old 07-23-2003, 04:37 PM
TurboPipingSystems

thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal

Yeah, all 96-98 civics share the same ECU. I can help you. Just hit me up and give me a few days notice to plan. What you read on the H-T forum is the AFC Hack. Look at my sig . i've talk to Liam before, who is the person who started that thread. Our set-up is the same. If you are going to use the "hack", you have to have a set of a minimum of 400cc injectors. I'm using the DSM 450cc injectors with Honda resistor box. Which civic model do you have? Go to my website under the tech column and review my procedure to doing the "hack". Regardless, I'll help you. Hit me up...

Last edited by thermal; 07-23-2003 at 04:42 PM.
Old 07-24-2003, 04:04 AM
I <3 BOOST

Thx man, i got a civic coupe EX. I have 450cc DSM injectors and a 255lph walbro fuel pump, just need help installing everything.
Old 07-24-2003, 05:07 AM
TurboPipingSystems

np
Old 07-24-2003, 05:40 AM
Wii
Retired OG

Wii Wii Wii Wii Wii Wii Wii Wii Wii Wii Wii

You can use both the greddy FMU & the APEXi SAFC the same time???
Old 07-24-2003, 06:07 AM
I <3 BOOST

No, Im gonna take out the blue box and tune with the SAFC.

Quick Reply: HELP!!! SAFC install