VADriven.com Forums

VADriven.com Forums (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/)
-   Tech Talk (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/tech-talk-9/)
-   -   Help need info for acura build (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/tech-talk-9/help-need-info-acura-build-427308/)

Fabrik8 01-22-2012 06:19 PM

Re: Help need info for acura build

Keep the ABS. Doing a wire tuck is a pointless aesthetic modification anyway, and it's just plain stupid if you're getting rid of safety functions in order to do it. It's not going to help you pass inspection any easier either.

DwiZZy 01-22-2012 06:43 PM

Why are you worried about a wire tuck? Your engine bay looks like shit to begin with.

JimmyB 01-22-2012 06:45 PM

I am very pro to keeping the abs as I said before and yes I do know that there are no real performance benefits to wire tucking. the only thing performance wise that it does is relieve a small amount of weight through deletes. I also have no inspection to pass as it is registered in another state. This being said the reason I am doing it is because I enjoy doing it and want the outcome to look nice as I have saw before in others. I really like the way it can come out. So pointless... yes mostly from a performance stand point but for my own satisfaction it yields a reward. I posted the questions in question form so any answers to Those questions would be appreciated....

JimmyB 01-22-2012 06:48 PM

@ dwizzy Is there really a need to reply with ignorance...? If you have knowledge on the subject post or link... other wise refrain from letting your finger tips reflect your lack of character thanks bud :)

DwiZZy 01-22-2012 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by JimmyB (Post 7589778)
I am very pro to keeping the abs as I said before and yes I do know that there are no real performance benefits to wire tucking. the only thing performance wise that it does is relieve a small amount of weight through deletes. I also have no inspection to pass as it is registered in another state. This being said the reason I am doing it is because I enjoy doing it and want the outcome to look nice as I have saw before in others. I really like the way it can come out. So pointless... yes mostly from a performance stand point but for my own satisfaction it yields a reward. I posted the questions in question form so any answers to Those questions would be appreciated....

Weight reduction in a CL? A wire tuck looks nice, if your engine bay is actually clean. Otherwise you're just removing stuff that makes a car worth daily driving.

DwiZZy 01-22-2012 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by JimmyB (Post 7589784)
@ dwizzy Is there really a need to reply with ignorance...? If you have knowledge on the subject post or link... other wise refrain from letting your finger tips reflect your lack of character thanks bud :)

Ignorance? Did you read what you typed in your first post? I'm not the one trying to wire tuck a CL with an ugly ass engine bay and no supporting performance mods.

If you want character, you've searched on the wrong forum.

JimmyB 01-22-2012 07:15 PM

clearly over your head... its ok though... and character is not something that I am asking for.... its something you should be ashamed of not having my friend... no need to reply because I wont entertain any more of your comments

DwiZZy 01-22-2012 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by JimmyB (Post 7589837)
clearly over your head... its ok though... and character is not something that I am asking for.... its something you should be ashamed of not having my friend... no need to reply because I wont entertain any more of your comments

Clearly :rolleyes:

TATTRAT 01-22-2012 07:49 PM

IBSPO!

DwiZZy 01-22-2012 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by TATTRAT (Post 7589888)
IBSPO!

Won't happen, there's no character in that.