Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

HELP!!!!!!d16a1 into 95 dx civic coupe

Old 05-13-2009, 04:12 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1beatupteggy has disabled reputation
Default HELP!!!!!!d16a1 into 95 dx civic coupe

ok guys and girls....this is sounding like a lot of trouble but i have a complete d16a1 swap engine, tranny, ecu, axles, 90% of the harness, and some extra parts.

i want to swap it into my 95 dx civic coupe...this will be my first swap on my own. i have heard that this is handfull i just need to know what all i need to do.....

wanna start it with in the next week...unless someone wants to buy it off of me for $350!!! but i just cant seem to find any solid info on the internet to help me.

here is my number and email....please feel free to call or contact me anytime..

name is kenny number is 1 540 333 4997 text or call and email is kenny_franklin07@yahoo.com
Old 05-13-2009, 06:53 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8
Default Re: HELP!!!!!!d16a1 into 95 dx civic coupe

Why not get a D16Z6? It's a better engine and it's a drop in swap. With the A1 you'll need a cable to hydraulic conversion, an adapter harness, and some other stuff. You aren't even getting a VTEC head for all the trouble you'll go through. Sell it to someone with an 89-91 CRX or Civic and get something more worthwhile.
Old 05-13-2009, 07:03 PM
yaaat.

ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
Why not get a D16Z6? It's a better engine and it's a drop in swap. With the A1 you'll need a cable to hydraulic conversion, an adapter harness, and some other stuff. You aren't even getting a VTEC head for all the trouble you'll go through. Sell it to someone with an 89-91 CRX or Civic and get something more worthwhile.
Seriously, that's the way to go. No need to make it harder on yourself if you already don't know what you're doing.
Old 05-14-2009, 04:16 PM
Registered Member

1beatupteggy has disabled reputation

thanks i just got this thing for g.p.!! thanks for the info...i figured the same but i dont have any expertise/experience in this area...thanks again \

WHAT IF I USED THE PISTONS IN MY D15 AND WENT WITH A Z6 OR Y8 HEAD FOR A MINI ME....I HEARD THESE ARE A GOOD CHOICE OF PISTONS TO USE FOR THE MINI ME SWAP.?????
SO THIS D16A1 SWAP IS FOR SALE AS OF NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!