Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

help......chrysler techs????

Old 12-18-2007, 05:42 PM
corona connessuer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA
Default help......chrysler techs????

well i have 2 mini vans my 96 grand caravan is giving me a code of p1495. secondary emission conrol. leak detection pump wtf? when i clear the code the light never goes off. it just says 1 code remains. the van runs and drives great. the light is annoying. im not one to pull the bulb. im not that type of guy. i want to know why its comming on and fix it. by the way its a 96 grand caravan se with a 3.3 and california emissions. can i get it reflashed to do away with this? can anyone reflash it? fawk this is annoying!
Old 12-18-2007, 05:47 PM
Registered Member

4ptsick has disabled reputation
Default Re: help......chrysler techs????

Is you're gas cap tight
Old 12-18-2007, 05:48 PM
Fidel runs VBPD

The_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud of

this took me 30seconds, seriously.
http://www.dodgeforum.com/m_1050653/tm.htm
Old 12-18-2007, 06:49 PM
corona connessuer

CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA

Originally Posted by 4ptsick
Is you're gas cap tight
yup...thought of that too
Old 12-18-2007, 06:51 PM
corona connessuer

Originally Posted by The_rabbit1
this took me 30seconds, seriously.
http://www.dodgeforum.com/m_1050653/tm.htm
ive already seen that twice. he had the wrong ecu
Old 12-18-2007, 07:59 PM
Fidel runs VBPD

The_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud of

did you check the wiring they were talking about?
Old 12-19-2007, 03:15 AM
corona connessuer

Originally Posted by The_rabbit1
did you check the wiring they were talking about?
well the vehicle he was speaking of was an intrepid. my caravan has quite a different setup
Old 12-19-2007, 03:27 AM
Gaming Extraordinair

Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk

purge solenoid still good? does that thing have 2 o2 sensors?
Old 12-19-2007, 04:32 AM
corona connessuer

Originally Posted by Miguelangelo
purge solenoid still good? does that thing have 2 o2 sensors?
yup it has 2 o2 sensors.
the purge seloniod is fine. it sits under the hood on the passenger side.
Old 12-19-2007, 06:12 AM
Slowest HRC Member

BAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CHAHONDA
well i have 2 mini vans my 96 grand caravan is giving me a code of p1495. secondary emission conrol. leak detection pump wtf? when i clear the code the light never goes off. it just says 1 code remains. the van runs and drives great. the light is annoying. im not one to pull the bulb. im not that type of guy. i want to know why its comming on and fix it. by the way its a 96 grand caravan se with a 3.3 and california emissions. can i get it reflashed to do away with this? can anyone reflash it? fawk this is annoying!
Check to make sure the gas cap is sealing. It's looking at a vacuum leak somewhere in the emissions/fuel system. It could be the LDP actually quit. But usually, this code is given when the fuel cap is left off. Also possible a vacuum line collapsed, or is cut. But, that's just a good starting point.

When you clear the codes, it should not immediately come back on, unless the electrical connector for the LDP has a short, or something is providing an electrical fault, which would show up immediately. Nothing else (besides electrical system components) really tests until a few seconds after the motor is running.

Quick Reply: help......chrysler techs????