Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Help with Blinking Trac light (MAF/IAT/AFM)

Old 09-08-2008, 07:02 AM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
supraBoy has disabled reputation
Default Help with Blinking Trac light (MAF/IAT/AFM)

Ive had my check engine light on for the past few months due to a bad o2 sensor i didnt want to change it bechase im in the process of actuall boosting the car so there would be no point to spend close to 200 dollars to replace a part that will no longer be needed after the car in boosted.

Anyways just yesterday i went to replace my old stock radiator hoses lower and upper. When i put the car back together and got it running i changed the oil, tranny fluid and call it a day well later that day when i was driving i noticed taht my trac light indicator starting blinking. So I went and got the codes, they are throwing out 3 codes. One is for the o2 sensor which i am aware of. The other two are for:

IAT sensor - circuit malfunction
MAF - AFM sensor - Circuit malfunction

Now, I remember having to unplug to maf sensor from the intake piping to move the intake out of my way, i also had to unplug a few plugs, but all the plugs were put back together and i even disconnected the maf sensor and plugged it back in. Still no luck, CEL/Trac light still blinking!

Please help and thanks in advance for your time and consideration.
Old 09-08-2008, 09:25 AM
I <3 Hikki Chan!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE
Default Re: Help with Blinking Trac light (MAF/IAT/AFM)

Did you disconnect the MAF while the key was in the "on" position? If you did that's why your CEL is on, it needs to be cleared. If you didn't disconnect the MAF while the key was "on" then your MAF is bad. I'm pretty sure if the ECU sees a bad MAF it'll disable the traction control system as well as they're tied together. I've had this happen on a few Avalons and Camry's back when I was at Toyota.