Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

help

Old 08-06-2006, 03:17 PM
0psi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
prpl-pep-eatr is an unknown quantity at this point
Default help

The other day i was driving home from work and started to smell raw gas... i stopped the car and looked at my fuel pressure and it was sitting at 90... it is supposed to be at 45 on my car... well i took the regulator off to see if there was any dirt inside to be clauging it up.. that was a negitive... and earlyer today i put on a diff. regulator and it did the same thing... does anyone have any ideas?
Old 08-06-2006, 03:47 PM
Fidel runs VBPD

The_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud of
Default Re: help

return line clogged? regulator misadjusted?
Old 08-06-2006, 03:50 PM
0psi

no the adjustment is good on it... i even set it as low as it could go and it only ended up on 65 when it should have been like 10. but i will check the return line... how would u clean that out if it was clogged?
Old 08-06-2006, 03:53 PM
Fidel runs VBPD

The_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by prpl-pep-eatr
no the adjustment is good on it... i even set it as low as it could go and it only ended up on 65 when it should have been like 10. but i will check the return line... how would u clean that out if it was clogged?
unplug both ends and blow compressed air, it'd be weird if it is clogged. you sure your gauge is good? try another gauge.
Old 08-08-2006, 05:15 PM
0psi

well i took off my return line and blew through it and it was fairly easy, but i still put a compresser on it and blew air... car is still fucked.. It still runs strong and good.. I would say its the guage BUT i have an after maket fuel pump that i have to turn on before i start the car... and it sounds like dodo.. totally diff. then what its supposed to.. any other ideas?
Old 08-08-2006, 07:55 PM
eng
Administrator

eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng

Originally Posted by prpl-pep-eatr
I would say its the guage BUT i have an after maket fuel pump that i have to turn on before i start the car... and it sounds like dodo.. totally diff. then what its supposed to.. any other ideas?
Is the pump getting the correct voltage? Do you have another pump you can swap it out with?

If the pump is the part that is acting noticeably different that's where I'd focus my attention.
Old 08-09-2006, 02:57 AM
0psi

WELL WHEN I FIRST TURN ON THE PUMP IT SOUNDS NORMAL, BUT AFTER IT BUILDS PRESSURE IT SOUNDS LIKE SHIT... BUT I GUESS IT COULD STILL BE THE PUMP