Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Header noise on my CRX????

Old 03-30-2004, 05:31 AM
Fucks wit it

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MarkiSick MarkiSick MarkiSick MarkiSick MarkiSick MarkiSick MarkiSick MarkiSick MarkiSick MarkiSick MarkiSick
Default Header noise on my CRX????

I just installed a 4-2-1 OBX header on my 91 CRX. I started notciing this "creeking" noise when I sart driving in 1st and 2nd, as soon as as I touch the gas. My dad said i might need to check all the bolts... but is this a normal thing of having a header???? thanks mark
Old 03-30-2004, 10:07 AM
hybrid no more :(

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bert Bert Bert Bert Bert Bert Bert Bert Bert Bert Bert
Default Re: Header noise on my CRX????

what kind of bolts did you use from the collector to the catalytic converter... stock uses spring bolts due to the flex of the motor on acceleration...if you use regular bolts you will need to add flexpipe to handle the flex or use the spring bolts..if you did use the spring bolts/flex pipe then i don't think the header will make the noise
if you removed the front crossmember to install the header you will need to check all of those bolts/nuts...make sure you also installed the rubber inserts correctly...
hth...this is all i could think of with the information that i could think of for now...