Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

head swap question

Old 07-04-2003, 06:53 AM
Bone Stock for now!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
zexcivicls is an unknown quantity at this point
Default head swap question

which would be the better head to had a b18c1 or a b16? and for what reasons let me know thanks
Old 07-04-2003, 07:05 AM
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT

supposedly the b16 head flows better than the gsr head, and other than that i dont think theres much difference.......
Old 07-04-2003, 07:13 AM
Asshole Supreme

S dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud of

Actually, in stock form the GSR is a better coice. You will yield a slightly higher static compression ratio, in turn make more power. I would drop the stock IAB intake manifold though.
Old 07-04-2003, 07:27 AM
Bone Stock for now!!

thanks for the replies guy cuz i guess i should have stated what it would alter iif i put a b16 head on a gsr ,my bad fellas not for ls/vtec
Old 07-04-2003, 10:02 AM
Asshole Supreme

S dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud of

You will lose compression. Bottom line, you will lose power.
Old 07-04-2003, 10:41 AM
Bone Stock for now!!

ok thanks scott i appreciate the help im trying to find a way to use my charger i got for a b16 i guess i got to alter it up a bit since the mounting holes r wrong
Old 07-04-2003, 01:21 PM
Asshole Supreme

Well, you didn't say that you were putting a blower on it! I say strap the b16a head on and let it eat. It will be just fine.