Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Hard Pipes

Old 11-03-2003, 07:07 AM
Iridium V

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Hard Pipes

I've noticed that my stock IC piping is beginning to come apart at the connections and will be needing replacement soon, I was wondering what people have done as far as up-grading in this case, and have people noticed a significant gain or mild gain in boost response, throttle response or HP with a hard pipe kit.

Also looking into replacing the stock compressor bypass valves with an upgrade, wanted the HKS SSQ kit but at $700.00, what benefit am I geting other than the name HKS. I'm looking for a BOV that can handle high boost without leaking, say 25LBS, is efficient at reducing/getting rid of compressor surge and has a nice sound (my taste is a little different than most, personally I think the stock ones sound pretty nice. Any one know of a good kit or website that has good info and sound clips. Thank you.
90 300Z
Old 11-04-2003, 04:43 AM
LTDTEAM.COM

Rockybling can only hope to improve
Default bov

don't buy an aftermarket bov. if you car is like mine, then your stock bov's will be fine for the boost your talking about running. My stock bov holds 25+psi from what i hear. Recirculating bov is the way the go, and stay! Good luck w/ your ic adam.

oh, plus your bov's sound good how they are!

IV
Old 11-04-2003, 05:54 AM
Iridium V

MGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Mike, but the only reason I'm lookiing to replace them is because they're leaking horribly, vacuum and boost. Whilst they are leaking back into the intake, I still can't see it as being a good thing, and frankly, if I could find some units that sound like the stock ones, I'd be happy as hell.
Old 11-04-2003, 07:08 AM
LTDTEAM.COM

Rockybling can only hope to improve

Originally posted by MGBRaceman
Thanks Mike, but the only reason I'm lookiing to replace them is because they're leaking horribly, vacuum and boost. Whilst they are leaking back into the intake, I still can't see it as being a good thing, and frankly, if I could find some units that sound like the stock ones, I'd be happy as hell.
i know a pair that sound just like yours. they are stock 300ztt bov's good luck anyway
Old 11-05-2003, 05:41 AM
Registered Member

ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ

www.BoostSolutions.com
Polised Hardpipes and Super Sequential BOVS $780

I was gonna get these. Don't forget the inserts for them they sound great.
Old 11-05-2003, 02:22 PM
Atheist.

Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker

I don't think you'll get a power gain from hard pipes. They're just higher quality and look a helluvalot better.

You will not benefit from BOV's either. Stock recirculation valves get the job done just fine and will work with increased boost.
You only need BOV's if you are a ricer and want to "sound cool".

You can find more and better info about your car on www.twinturbo.net than you will here.
Old 11-06-2003, 11:52 AM
Registered Member

ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ

Originally posted by MGBRaceman
the only reason I'm lookiing to replace them is because they're leaking horribly, vacuum and boost. Whilst they are leaking back into the intake, I still can't see it as being a good thing, and frankly, if I could find some units that sound like the stock ones, I'd be happy as hell.