Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Gude performance

Old 11-25-2002, 08:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Panda can only hope to improve
Default Gude performance

Does anyone know someone with a Gude racing kit for a honda civic ex. If so what are the pros and cons for it if there are even any cons. And is there big increase in power.
Old 11-25-2002, 09:12 PM
R E U P Gang

zexpwrd4door zexpwrd4door zexpwrd4door zexpwrd4door zexpwrd4door zexpwrd4door zexpwrd4door zexpwrd4door zexpwrd4door

from what ive read it give u good gains...but its only for n/a so if u dont want to boost or spray then id go for it
Old 11-26-2002, 03:27 AM
Atheist.

Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker

I have heard that they are assholes, service is horrible, and wrong parts are often shipped. But if you can get what you need from them, the products are worth it.
Originally posted by zexpwrd4door
from what ive read it give u good gains...but its only for n/a so if u dont want to boost or spray then id go for it
You are wrong. Please do your homework before you take the quiz next time. They make plenty of racing parts (cams, ECU's) for forced induction.
Old 11-26-2002, 05:41 AM
EEK
卐 Walnuts

EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK

this one dude up here put the gude head package on his ls and he's makin 173 whp after tuning...but im not sure what internals in the block..but i heard nothing but good reviews about the parts/but the service on the other hand i heard sucks..
Old 11-26-2002, 10:34 AM
Hawaii's lone DA

VWeatr is an unknown quantity at this point

I used to have a set of regrinded cams from them, not sure what part#. I loved them, they pulled hard on the top end and idled perfect. I had those cams for about 4 years, then they cracked.
Old 11-28-2002, 04:13 PM
R E U P Gang

zexpwrd4door zexpwrd4door zexpwrd4door zexpwrd4door zexpwrd4door zexpwrd4door zexpwrd4door zexpwrd4door zexpwrd4door

he said head packages not just a cam or ecu read the whole post before u go running yur mouth...gude head packages are for mainly n/a cars
Old 11-29-2002, 12:22 AM
Hawaii's lone DA

VWeatr is an unknown quantity at this point

he said head packages not just a cam or ecu read the whole post before u go running yur mouth...gude head packages are for mainly n/a cars
That cam experience goes to show the quality of their work.
Old 11-29-2002, 03:50 AM
Atheist.

Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker

Actually, he just said "racing kit". But who cares; there are much better alternatives to Gude.
Old 11-29-2002, 04:22 AM
brake/steer/throttle

ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek

bill gude actually had a really good thing when he was still a small-potatoes deal. now i guess since he's got a pile more volume, QA is harder to keep on the straight and skinny. not making excuses, but i had done lots of business with him without a hitch. AND he's got some cutey-patooty daughters!!!
the geek
Old 11-30-2002, 07:53 PM
Lucky Such Kindly Soul

sideways is an unknown quantity at this point

my friend had the head package on his 1995 ex...I don't know all the details but he had a lot of trouble getting the engine to run smoothly and tuned right to put out the power that gude advertised...after going to 2 or 3 reputable tuners(and a lot of calls to Bill Gude himself) and having no success, he took it to autothority and they blew his engine up on the dyno, lol