VADriven.com Forums

VADriven.com Forums (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/)
-   Tech Talk (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/tech-talk-9/)
-   -   gt40r on built b20vtec needs more power (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/tech-talk-9/gt40r-built-b20vtec-needs-more-power-302455/)

lamonte619 07-24-2009 06:36 AM

Re: gt40r on built b20vtec needs more power

thanks man but im pretty sure its the cams so im trying to trade them for some pro1's even steven trade

hwsurnk 07-24-2009 07:51 AM

I have a gt40 with i think its a 1.19 exhust side on my stock motor and I am not having any issues with making power..I made 480s on wastegate14-15 lbs so as several people have said I think it is def in your tune..

If you need any help with tuning hit me up and we can get it taken care of this weekend because I have a few other cars to do on sat.

Grease Monkey 07-24-2009 08:04 AM

It definitely sounds like there is something wrong with the setup, the only way I could see it being the cams is if the overlap was such that you were just blowing boost right out the exhaust, but it seems to me that would be pretty easy to pinpoint.. With a turbo of the size you should be coming into some serious power at that rpm level, not watching it drop off.

Are you sure the engine is healty? i.e. not lifting the head, not staying in vtec, etc?

mike nagz 07-24-2009 08:24 AM

Originally Posted by dave22 (Post 5475789)

another tuner in the 757 named in this thread made 650 on a 35r 2 weeks ago....................

ILLEGAL 07-24-2009 08:29 AM

those cams are meant for all motor builds. I had them in my all motor drag engine.

mike nagz 07-24-2009 08:30 AM

i know people making 700+ with pro1's in thier turbo cars, but again, they all have been tuned by someone who has been doing it for 15 years.........

what cams are in this setup that isnt making numbers?

ILLEGAL 07-24-2009 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by nagger (Post 5476896)
i know people making 700+ with pro1's in thier turbo cars, but again, they all have been tuned by someone who has been doing it for 15 years.........

theay are basically type-r cams, the pro 2's are pretty different.

wright 07-24-2009 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by ILLEGAL (Post 5476889)
those cams are meant for all motor builds. I had them in my all motor drag engine.

So are GSR, B16, ITR, CTR. They all seem to make power with a turbo setup so, can the pro 1-2's.

OP,
Did you get a chance to look or find the thread on HT? If I remember correctly Jeff Evans has issues with the pro 1's do to the key way for the cam gear (meaning that they were of a little causing power loss).

sohc_mshue 07-24-2009 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by ILLEGAL (Post 5476901)
theay are basically type-r cams, the pro 2's are pretty different.

The pro1s are def not similar to type r cams. They are much bigger.

To the op like I told you on the phone pro2s have been proven to lose power on a turbo setup compared to pro1s. You should also have them degreed like I said plus further adjust on the dyno. Those cams don't like to be set like stock cams and neither do pro1s.

SickEJ1 07-24-2009 10:55 AM

I pretty much skimmed threw the thread so forgive me if i ask or say something that has already been... anyhow, I had plans to tune with matt shue, but ended up going else where under last minute notification the car had been tuned before on a mustang dyno and made 470 hp on 28psi high , but i was looking to make more power or be re tuned on a dyno jet but ended up on the dyno pak none the less my car feels great and more powerful threw the pulling of the rpms i installed type r cams from the gsrs' when last tuned .
the car made 460 and like 296 torque which is like 10hp less then mustang dyno, but guess what my high boost psi is? 28 wow yup and guess what turbo i am running.... gt40 blowzilla.. turns out the compressor wheel isn't as big as we thought , she is fully spooled around 4-4500 and pulls continuously til shift point, i'm shifting @ like 8,9k ...my thoughts would def. be in your cam set up esp with your displacement and your turbo wheel/fin size..what stage? my story may not make any sense to any of you guys but its retarded.. i wish matt would of tuned it, but i'm satisfied for now..
cliff notes:
i was think9ing to myself why so much boost for such lil pwr on my set up..
both on the mustang dyno and the dyno pak they where both tuned to the same amount of psi
the dyno pak which read lower #s then the other feels way more powerful
:dunno: