Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

gsr in a 98 civic

Old 06-08-2007, 07:33 PM
Reppin The DOHC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
turbofordummies turbofordummies turbofordummies turbofordummies turbofordummies turbofordummies turbofordummies turbofordummies turbofordummies turbofordummies turbofordummies
Default gsr in a 98 civic

well jus put my 96 gsr into my 98 civic. It runs good but im pulling a tps senor code. My vtec inst engaging either. I ran a code tester in the car while i was driving and found out im only usin 90 % percent throttle. My question is that if im only at 90 percent throttle, is that maybe why my vtec engaging. And if it is how hard is it to fix and how expensive?

Oh also tried zip tying my secondary open and that seemed to make it worse.

thanks
Old 06-08-2007, 09:01 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8
Default Re: gsr in a 98 civic

First of all, what ECU are you using? The code is probably an out of range fault
and your TPS may just need to be adjusted, or you might need a new TPS. If you're throwing a TPS code, vtec won't engage because TPS is a critical sensor.
Old 06-08-2007, 09:04 PM
Reppin The DOHC

turbofordummies turbofordummies turbofordummies turbofordummies turbofordummies turbofordummies turbofordummies turbofordummies turbofordummies turbofordummies turbofordummies

i am usin a p72 wit my d series harness. Also i reused the d series throttle cable and jus extended the braket holdin the cable would that be affecting it also?
Old 06-08-2007, 09:27 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

I'm guessing that that's a problem, the TPS is probably not in the correct position at idle, etc. I'm guessing that it's too low of a reading at idle, or the internal stop is broken. Grab a factory manual and look at the adjustment procedure..
Old 06-08-2007, 09:36 PM
Reppin The DOHC

so ur sayin go get a gsr throttle cable and reposition the tps?
Old 06-09-2007, 06:19 PM
Tattoo man

93civicgone has disabled reputation

that would be my first bet
Old 06-14-2007, 11:04 AM
Reppin The DOHC

any second bets?