Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Gauges wouldnt work with my new Alpine head unit + 240sx S14 fuse box(s)?

Old 01-06-2006, 01:31 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Snoopy Snoopy Snoopy Snoopy Snoopy Snoopy Snoopy Snoopy Snoopy Snoopy Snoopy
Default Gauges wouldnt work with my new Alpine head unit + 240sx S14 fuse box(s)?

I put in a CDA-9851 apline head unit and connected all of the wires right and shit but since I connected the orange wire to the orange wire (Dimmer switch for the gauges + old tape player) my gauges dont glow since I did all of that. I cant find a fuse box to the switch or the gauges. Any good places to find it in a 95 240sx? did I fuck somthin up? im really pissed about it cause I have had my radio out for around 5 days and I just want to get this shit put in and done with.
Old 01-07-2006, 07:20 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8
Default Re: Gauges wouldnt work with my new Alpine head unit + 240sx S14 fuse box(s)?

Is there only one dimmer wire on your head unit? Some have 2 wires for different dimmer polarities. Just disconnect the orange wire from your head unit for now, your gauges should work properly again.
Old 01-07-2006, 12:57 PM
Registered Member

Default Re: Gauges wouldnt work with my new Alpine head unit + 240sx S14 fuse box(s)?

I have done that, and they still dont work. Im 80% sure I blew a fuse but I dont know where another fuse box is and even if there is another one in a 95 240sx. Maybe I connected something wrong and blew a fuse? or just plain fucked it up

HELP!!
Old 01-09-2006, 08:58 AM
Registered Member

Can I get some help with this... plz?
Old 01-09-2006, 09:02 AM
UNCEUNCEUNCEUNCEUNCE

boyband boyband boyband boyband boyband boyband boyband boyband boyband boyband boyband

Well, if you connected the wrong orange wires, you're probably fucked. There's an orange and an orange/white wire normally. I did this same thing in my 2001 Civic and fucked up the whole cluster and assorted bulbs. The cluster worked, except for the illumination. I actually took out my cluster and tried replacing the bulbs to no avail. After taking the back off, I saw where I burned out one of the traces off of the board. It was fried, cajun-style. I could only do one thing ... I had to get a new cluster. It gave me a good excuse to upgrade to the new 03+ clusters in the Civics. But now my mileage is all off. I forgot to write down exactly how much mileage was on the old cluster and the new one that I got. So, now I think I've got close to 60,000 on the car and just about 36,000 on the new cluster ...
Old 01-09-2006, 02:02 PM
Registered Member

hm... I may have just done the same thing you did.... not to sure... hmm... im going to take this shit to school tomarrow and see what my auto teacher says bout it. I found my other fuse box all covered up near my left foot in the drivers side but didnt see any blown fuses.