Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

factory sound system

Old 08-25-2003, 07:53 PM
VIP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these parts
Question factory sound system

i have a stock radio system that came equipped with a cd changer/amp/sub. i want to upgrade the amp and sub. my intention is to keep the factory deck, but i dont think it has rca inputs. any suggestions?
Old 08-26-2003, 08:50 AM
it's taco time

Sam_Sneed is an unknown quantity at this point

the stock radio hooks up to the amp most likely by rca outputs, or some other connection, you can use that existing connection to upgrade your amp
Old 08-26-2003, 04:41 PM
VIP

LSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these parts

i think it has a wiring harness not an rca connection...and i dont wanna trial and error the pin connections.

if i use the existing wires for an upgraded amp, wont the wires burn cuz more power is being used?
Old 08-27-2003, 03:07 PM
it's taco time

i think that the only wire that should need to be replaced is the power wire coming from the battery to the amp. the other wires should be ok.
Old 08-27-2003, 03:09 PM
it's taco time

also if there is no rca connections there is a kit you can buy that will allow you to connect a radio to an amp without rca.
Old 08-27-2003, 03:16 PM
ThanXz_FukYuVeryMuch

boodussi808 has disabled reputation

How many speaker? 4? bridge the two front output to power all 4 speakers...the two rear total 4wires? splice them and attached to the spliced RCA...those should connect to the new amp...splice and tape up connection carefully its been done before ain't competition quality but works good....keep the stocks less like to get jacked etc....
Old 08-27-2003, 07:13 PM
VIP

hahaha yah thats why im leaving stuff stock so its less likely that will happen. i have a pair of mids and highs up front, a pair of mids in the back, and a sub in the back. ok thanks for ur help people. i will take a look at it this weekend when i have time and some research for harnesses