Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

exhaust

Old 11-09-2007, 11:09 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ninja11 has disabled reputation
Default exhaust

will your car pass an inspection w/ aftermarket exhaust? i know people get pulled over for it so im guessing its "illegal" or not allowed to pass but i just wanted to ask some1 else. also if you get pulled for having one then what ususally happens like if you get a fine how much etc.
Old 11-09-2007, 11:27 AM
Turbo VTEC-E

black6gen can only hope to improve
Cool Re: exhaust

yes it will pass.
Old 11-09-2007, 11:28 AM
c'mon

Dmac is a splendid one to beholdDmac is a splendid one to beholdDmac is a splendid one to beholdDmac is a splendid one to beholdDmac is a splendid one to beholdDmac is a splendid one to beholdDmac is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: exhaust

Originally Posted by Ninja11
will your car pass an inspection w/ aftermarket exhaust? i know people get pulled over for it so im guessing its "illegal" or not allowed to pass but i just wanted to ask some1 else. also if you get pulled for having one then what ususally happens like if you get a fine how much etc.
Well, your car isn't supposed to pass with an aftermarket exhaust and if you get pulled over you have to go to court. Usually if you change the exhaust back to stock they'll drop the fine otherwise, I think its like a $90-100 fine+ court costs.
Old 11-09-2007, 11:33 AM
smuggling grapes

Speed-O Speed-O Speed-O Speed-O Speed-O Speed-O Speed-O Speed-O Speed-O Speed-O Speed-O

Originally Posted by Dmac
Well, your car isn't supposed to pass with an aftermarket exhaust and if you get pulled over you have to go to court. Usually if you change the exhaust back to stock they'll drop the fine otherwise, I think its like a $90-100 fine+ court costs.
what he said....except I don't know about the fines.
Old 11-09-2007, 11:35 AM
UNCE UNCE UNCE UNCE

....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ....

Originally Posted by Dmac
Yes you ARE supposed to pass with an aftermarket exhaust. The question is whether or not you have a cat. converter on the car. As long as you have a cat. you will pass inspection.

Now exhaust is indeed illegal, but it won't cause you to fail an inspection as long as you have a cat.
Old 11-09-2007, 11:36 AM
Registered Member

what abotu coilovers or lowering your car? would they pass because i read a thread about it te other day and i guy said he couldnt get anyone to inspect his car because it was lowered?
Old 11-09-2007, 11:42 AM
UNCE UNCE UNCE UNCE

....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ....

Originally Posted by Ninja11
what abotu coilovers or lowering your car? would they pass because i read a thread about it te other day and i guy said he couldnt get anyone to inspect his car because it was lowered?
That's a possibility but I don't know about that for sure. To tell you the truth, anything modified on your car that wasn't produced from the factory is illegal. Otherwise, you better hope you know someone that will "do your inspection" or just don't mod your car in VA.
Old 11-09-2007, 01:06 PM
Registered Member

well thats no fun
Old 11-09-2007, 01:20 PM
Banned

DecentCivicZ6 is an unknown quantity at this point

$97 even where im at. last year they were $87 fuckers went up...and you can get as many as you want. they cant lock you up...i dont think, ive had like 12 or 13 exhuast tickets. just pay them over the phone.
Old 11-09-2007, 03:31 PM
not a noob

JAvenger has disabled reputation

not to sure about this, but i believe... in the commonwealth of VA. replacing any part of a car with a non OEM part is illegal. alter suspension, exhaust, etc etc.

Quick Reply: exhaust