Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

engine internals

Old 01-31-2003, 06:16 PM
ahhhh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
split has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond repute
Default engine internals

I am trying to find out if I could get away with using type-r valve springs when I upgrade the camshafts. (toda spec b)or should i go for some other type. toda being one option. I am not just saying i have x amount of dollars and what can I buy to make my car fast. I have tried to research these things, anyone have experience with crane, skunk2, crower? Point me in the right direction to read up on these things or post some pro's /cons this is for a b18c w i/h/e
Old 01-31-2003, 10:11 PM
aznRay...

yeer is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking

well have u used the search on www.honda-tech.com

alot of good info on there. hope that helps......
Old 02-01-2003, 05:11 PM
Iridium V

MGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Valve springs

You can use "just about" any valve spring you want on any head, you'll simply have to calculate weather you can machine your spring seats to the diameter of the spring. You want to determine if the valve spring is tall enough for the amount of lift you are running as well as the desired seat pressure. If seat pressure is a problem, you can buy valves with taller stems, but that's more valve train weight. Good luck.
Old 02-01-2003, 06:12 PM
Former 757'er

Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous
Default Re: engine internals

Originally posted by split
I am trying to find out if I could get away with using type-r valve springs when I upgrade the camshafts. (toda spec b)or should i go for some other type. toda being one option. I am not just saying i have x amount of dollars and what can I buy to make my car fast. I have tried to research these things, anyone have experience with crane, skunk2, crower? Point me in the right direction to read up on these things or post some pro's /cons this is for a b18c w i/h/e
Just from my general knowledge, here's what I think...
I'm going to assume the Toba B-spec is a pretty mild cam. They SHOULD recommend what springs to use. If not, then, if it's a "street" cam, then GSR or TypeR springs should be good. If it's a SS cam, then definitely the TypeR's, and fianlly if they're race springs you'll need somethin aftermarket no doubt.
You should probably get some cam gears too, if you don't have any.
Old 02-01-2003, 06:40 PM

icelarry27 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by yeer
well have u used the search on www.honda-tech.com

alot of good info on there. hope that helps......
honda-tech.com is the best place....no offense to dragva.com (it'll get better) the tech section in honda-tech has all the answers you'll ever need.
Old 02-02-2003, 07:54 AM

icelarry27 is an unknown quantity at this point

by the way, you should probably upgrade your valvesprings and tune your car...
Old 02-02-2003, 10:05 AM
Non-Driving Fuck

HondaAdict is an unknown quantity at this point

go to www.inlinefour.com
Old 02-02-2003, 11:51 AM
ahhhh

split has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond repute

thanks......even though it will be expensive I think I will save for all toda components......I'm gettin there.
Old 02-02-2003, 02:15 PM
Banned

Boosted2003 is an unknown quantity at this point

want to know something really fun volvo for my car offers a double valve spring kit...weird i thought
Old 02-02-2003, 02:58 PM
ahhhh

get off my shit.....
anyway, has any one heard good or bad about C&R titanium retainers?