Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

engine help, what to throw in a hatch>>>>

Old 04-04-2003, 06:52 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
b_dub99 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default engine help, what to throw in a hatch>>>>

Well, i'm getting a hatch, some of you may know brandon, and his ek, well i'm buying that and i'm ordering a motor for it the same day, i need help deciding on what kind, i've considered the jdm type r , the h22, or a gsr. i like the c5 and i heard h22's go shitty in swaps, so any help or advice would be appreciated.
Old 04-04-2003, 07:00 AM
TPJ
sumospeedDOTcom

TPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the rough

what are the plans? all motor? boost? what? from what i know the h22 and the c5 dont handle turbo all too great, unless they are tuned correctly, but ive seen some damn nice SC'd ITR's. if you plan on all motor drop in an h22 or a c5 if you have the cash, but make sure you have the suspension to handle the extra weight of te h22. plus you have to consider are you wanting a drag car, autox, etc? i highly doubt the h22 would be any good for auto x or road racing, but in a straight line it'd be VERY nice. i say get a gsr motor, talk to Si2See he has a swap in chesterfield (near richmond) that he will install and crap for about 3k. supposedly has some aftermarket parts, but i say itd be worth it to not have to worry about shipping and all that. i know you guys can do the install, but youd still have to wait a few weeks before youd get the motor. just my opinion though, but i say get a gsr.
Old 04-04-2003, 07:08 AM
EEK
卐 Walnuts

EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK

how bout a b16 =)
Old 04-04-2003, 07:10 AM

ac2folo has disabled reputation
Default Re: engine help, what to throw in a hatch>>>>

Originally posted by b_dub99
Well, i'm getting a hatch, some of you may know brandon, and his ek, well i'm buying that and i'm ordering a motor for it the same day, i need help deciding on what kind, i've considered the jdm type r , the h22, or a gsr. i like the c5 and i heard h22's go shitty in swaps, so any help or advice would be appreciated.
i know someone who jsut dropped a h22 in a hatch and that shit is far from shitty...that shit is a beast for real. and damnit, you should buy my hatch. i already dropped a new gsr init and boosted the bitch.
Old 04-04-2003, 07:26 AM
EEK
卐 Walnuts

EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK

Originally posted by B speed
H22 in a hatch sucks for anything but full drag. I would go JDM B18C Spec R if I were you.
not true..theres a dood on honda-tech that road races a h22 hatch and he out handles a lot of people and beats a lot of people..he even has guys with R motor hatchys wanting to switch to the lude
Old 04-04-2003, 07:30 AM
Banned

b_dub99 is an unknown quantity at this point

Well i narrowed it down i guess to the b18c5 and the gsr, not sure though on boos or all motor, i just want to get an engine in it soo, and drive it, i'm not really concerned with crazy shit as of yet. but, i'll talk to si2see and see what he has top offer. thanks for the advice and if anyone else has imput hit me up.
Old 04-04-2003, 07:47 AM
Registered member

socket_ has disabled reputation

b16
Old 04-04-2003, 08:10 AM
. : T A R M A C : .

StrSpud is an unknown quantity at this point

if your going to boost go ls/vtec just get it resleeved and build it up
Old 04-04-2003, 02:46 PM
Asshole Supreme

S dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud of

The b18c5 is a waste of money in my opinion, unless you can pick it up for a good deal.
Old 04-04-2003, 04:34 PM
Registered Member

kenbdSi is a jewel in the roughkenbdSi is a jewel in the roughkenbdSi is a jewel in the rough

Originally posted by 0psi
The b18c5 is a waste of money in my opinion, unless you can pick it up for a good deal.
I agree.

Quick Reply: engine help, what to throw in a hatch>>>>