Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Em1 Issues

Old 01-23-2007, 04:16 PM
Busa Cap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tmac85 is on a distinguished road
Default Em1 Issues

Close Thread no more issues

Last edited by Tmac85; 02-17-2007 at 05:43 AM.
Old 01-23-2007, 07:45 PM
Registered member

GripSpec has disabled reputation
Default Re: Em1 Issues

so many issues that could me attributed to so many different things.

Sell.
Old 01-24-2007, 04:29 AM
CTR
ACCOUNTANT

CTR has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Tmac85
I have tried em1 crew and they were no help maybe drag members can. I have a 2000 Honda civic si, the bottom end was rebuilt due to some issues with the motor. This was done about 4 months ago. Everything was replace besides the crank. Now for the problems:

1. Vtec does not work at all.
2. I can smell fuel inside the car while driving.
3. I hear like a humming noise coming from the front of the car.
4. Its burning oil, not alot but more than it should.
5. When the engine is warm and I come to a stop at a light or something the idle tends to drop to like 500rpms.
6. My tranny seems to feel notchy. Im almost having to force it in gears.

Any help is greatly appreciated, no negative comments. No dumbass answers because these are not dumbass questions. Thanks, Tyler

Ps. Yes I know this car is for sale/trade and thats why im trying to get these issues resolved.

is it throwing any cells? if so get those checked and it will most likely lead you to your problems. make sure your check engine light bulb is working too! if it doesnt come on when you turn the key to the first notch then its out. the fuel problem, check the fuel rail and make sure that all the screws on it are tightened. when my car was running rich to all the codes it was throwing, you could really smell all the gas.

it drops to 500rpm? well check to see if someone before you adjusted the idle screw. its really easy to tell. look on top of the trottle body, if the wax is broken thats suppost to cover the screw, its been tampered with. you can adjust it 1/4 turn per min once the car is warmed up. counter-clockwise to bring it up. and clockwise to lower it.

you tranny is probably going bad if it feels like that from hard shifting, b16 tranny sucks, i know because i have one. but first thing you should do is change your transmission fluid. you should try prenzoil synchromesh; same people who make the highly noted gm sychromesh. many people claim it has cured grinds and hard gear shifting. it isnt a direct fix, but just covering up the problem, it worked for my 2nd gear. advance auto parts has it on princess anne near timberlake rd. 6$ a quart. you need 2.3 so buy 3.

hope that helps and good luck
Old 01-24-2007, 08:26 AM
braap braap

Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod

If I remember correctly, it was hydrolocked correct?

The tranmsission ordeal. Get it flushed with new fluid. If it still does that, come back.

The VTEC thing could be many things. Did it work before hand?

Fuel, pretty simple, look for fuel leaks in the engine bay.

When the motor was rebuilt the person probably didn't adjust the screw on the underside of the throttle body. My motor did the same thing untill I adjusted it. Now granted, I don't have a cat, I adjusted mine to idle at 1,100 rpms when cold. It idles perfect when warm now.

Let me know if I can help you out.
Old 01-24-2007, 02:09 PM
Busa Cap

Its throwing o2 sensor codes and I have already planned on replacing them. Could this help my running rich problems? A couple weeks ago I smelled gas and it was a small slit in the rubber fuel hose. As far as I know vtec has not worked since ive had the car, I never really get on it so I have no way of knowing. Should I adjust the idle when the car is warm or cold?
Old 01-24-2007, 02:34 PM
Speak&Spell Anyone?

Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell

Travis I have already told you that you need to replace your o2 AND the humming sound and gear problems are from no tranny fluid it sounds. Fill that bitch up with some syncro mesh and try and save what tranny you have left.
Old 01-24-2007, 02:35 PM
Speak&Spell Anyone?

Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell

Originally Posted by Tmac85
Should I adjust the idle when the car is warm or cold?
Warm.
Old 01-24-2007, 02:46 PM
Busa Cap

Ok donald
Old 01-24-2007, 03:01 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

If you're having major sensor issues, the ECU will not activate the VTEC output. O2 sensor problems could make it run quite rich, yes. Oil burning could be improper break-in after the rebuild, depending on what was rebuilt. What the hell happened to this car to make it like this?
Old 01-24-2007, 03:38 PM
Busa Cap

Remember that flood in norfolk this past yr well when I was working for coke I decided to drive to work that day and than they told us to go home so I decided to drive home(dumbass). Well lets just say cold air intakes and water do not mix, I ended up breaking three pistons, and bending two rods. I did the break in part perfectly never took it over 3k and changed the non synthetic oil after 1k miles.....

Quick Reply: Em1 Issues