Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Electronic Question

Old 03-13-2008, 11:08 PM
I <3 My DSM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud of
Default Electronic Question

I have installed a HKS Type 0 Turbo Timer (connected the right way)...I was wondering is it possible to have a turbo timer installed (which runs through the ignition switch, and e brake) and also have a REMOTE START system on a car alarm at the same time??...It to me seems like it wouldnt work, but I have no idea...??? Anyone with auto electronics experience that knows of both turbo timers and remote starts, please share you knowledge...Thanks....
Old 03-14-2008, 12:05 AM
Registered Member

toyota_aristo is a jewel in the roughtoyota_aristo is a jewel in the roughtoyota_aristo is a jewel in the roughtoyota_aristo is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Electronic Question

Yes it is possible, you just have to know what your doing. You know they make alarm systems that has a remote start and turbo timer all built into one.
Old 03-14-2008, 04:27 AM
Registered Member

maddnotes maddnotes maddnotes maddnotes maddnotes maddnotes maddnotes maddnotes maddnotes maddnotes maddnotes

Most of the directed remote starts/alarms have a turbo timer feature built into them.
Old 03-14-2008, 06:51 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

If you have a remote start that is designed for a manual tranny car, they will usually shut the car down themselves so they know the transmission state, etc. If you have a turbo timer, you'll probably have a conflict with the turbo timer shutting the car. So yeah, I guess the best solution would be to use the built in turbo timer if your remote start has it. A turbo timer is a pretty crude device, and the HKS unit won't work any better or worse than one integrated into the remote start brain.
Old 03-14-2008, 10:34 AM
I <3 My DSM

SPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
If you have a remote start that is designed for a manual tranny car, they will usually shut the car down themselves so they know the transmission state, etc. If you have a turbo timer, you'll probably have a conflict with the turbo timer shutting the car. So yeah, I guess the best solution would be to use the built in turbo timer if your remote start has it. A turbo timer is a pretty crude device, and the HKS unit won't work any better or worse than one integrated into the remote start brain.

thanks...so when the time comes, ill just take out the turbo timer and have one with the remote start...that works for me
Old 03-14-2008, 10:35 AM
I <3 My DSM

Originally Posted by maddnotes
Most of the directed remote starts/alarms have a turbo timer feature built into them.
k, ill remember that...what about the viper systems??
Old 03-14-2008, 12:37 PM
CustomGSR

kaltares is an unknown quantity at this point

U can leave the tt n and put on a remotestart it's not going to hurt anything.
Old 03-14-2008, 05:57 PM
Registered Member

maddnotes maddnotes maddnotes maddnotes maddnotes maddnotes maddnotes maddnotes maddnotes maddnotes maddnotes

The viper systems are made by directed. Im pretty sure all of the viper remote start alarms have the turbo timer features.
Old 03-14-2008, 10:29 PM
I <3 My DSM

Originally Posted by maddnotes
The viper systems are made by directed. Im pretty sure all of the viper remote start alarms have the turbo timer features.
oh...im a little out of date...sorry thats good to know...thanks yall...