Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

DSM Tuning

Old 12-09-2002, 06:08 PM
formerly 99gsxturbo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Big 16GSX is an unknown quantity at this point
Default DSM Tuning

Are any of the DSM guys on the board experienced with tuning a 4G63 with a SAFC? I am very familiar with the way the SAFC works, I've had it for 6 months and I had a VAFC in my honda for 18 months before that, I just dont know how to really tune the car out based on EGT's and Timing. My EGT monitor and Pocketlogger and injectors are on their way right now. As soon as I get back in the 757 from Northern VA I am going to install and try to tune everything.
Anyway, the point of this post is to find someone who can ride in the car with me and help tune.
Old 12-09-2002, 07:05 PM
HAM

Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat

Here's what you do.

Shoot for a boost level you want for pump and daily driving. Set it on that, and go out with the safc in 0% correction. Take a log or two of a 3rd gear pull. Look at timing curve/o2 voltages. It will probably be dumping a ton of fuel in up top and your timing will just plummet. Make sure egts are below 1600/850.

Now, lean out areas where it's running rich. Say 5% increments. Go make more logs. Repeat steps above until timing is a nice steady increase until about 22-23 degrees at 7000 rpm. Make sure egts are peaking around 1600/850 and o2s are in the .92 or .94 area.

I'm always willing to help a fellow dsmer out, so if I'm free when you want to do this, hit me up.

-Heat
Old 12-09-2002, 07:40 PM
formerly 99gsxturbo

I appreciate the post eric. I wont be doing any of this until late january when i get some free time, but i'll let you know so the two of us can read some of these logs and work out the kinks in my A/F ratio
Old 12-09-2002, 08:07 PM
Your Local DSM Tech

Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD

i wanna be a tuner guys ><
Old 12-10-2002, 04:14 PM
No Name Who?

Ninety7GSX has disabled reputation

If you have to lean it out up top you aren't running enough boost. Unless of coarse you bought huge injectors.

But then again if you have to add to much up top you will run into fuel cut sooner. : (
Old 12-10-2002, 04:20 PM
formerly 99gsxturbo

I havent decided which injectors to go with yet. The hahn 625cc's look nice and more appealing than the RC 550cc's. I would like to get a log of the car with the stock injectors to see what my duty cycle is at 15psi as a baseline. I'll decide from there.
Old 12-10-2002, 07:21 PM
HAM

Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat

I don't think obdII pocketlogger can log injector duty cycle.
Old 12-10-2002, 07:49 PM
formerly 99gsxturbo

Man, I just ordered my pocket logger and already I have heard 2 things that it cant do. I dont like that. I havent even received it yet.
Old 12-10-2002, 07:54 PM
No Name Who?

Ninety7GSX has disabled reputation

Yeah thats why I'm iffy about getting one. I think I'm just going to wait for the AEM EMS and hopefully use heat's some time inbetween.
Old 12-11-2002, 12:08 AM
❒Good ❒ Better ✔Best

HighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud of

two people makes it easier.. one person can monitor everything while the other guy drives.. basicly you want to tune for a good timing curve and low EGTs.. add fuel wehre timing is pulled.. lean it out where you're running rich..

Quick Reply: DSM Tuning