Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

dsm techs need help with fan wiring

Old 05-11-2006, 06:38 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
chuckyarus has disabled reputation
Default dsm techs need help with fan wiring

I have a 98 gsx and i had to change the manifold and I noticed two or my fan blades were melted bad so when I was on the phone with slow boy racing I ordered a fan they sell for an upgrade. Well the fan I got only has 2 wires and the old fan had a 4 wire set up 2 blues, one black and one black and white. Should I just put the two blues together and the blacks together. Help is appreciated.
Old 05-11-2006, 08:34 PM
Bitches get Stitches

sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike
Default Re: dsm techs need help with fan wiring

call them back? maybe you got the wrong fan?
Old 05-11-2006, 09:24 PM
the"V8nightmare"

blkmjk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: dsm techs need help with fan wiring

grab a digital volt/ohms meter and check which wires are the power source and which wires are the grounds. once you have determined which is which, then check polarity on the fan itself by putting 12v power on it determining which way you would like the air flow to go on your new fan (pull through style mounted after radiator air flow pulled through radiater OR push through style fan mounted in front of radiator pushing air through it).

if you are mounting the fan in the standard position you want the fan to be a pull through. once you have determined the polarity of the fan motor and the power and ground, hook up the fan to acheive pull through air flow.

black normally = ground and blue= 12v