Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

DSM Question

Old 07-03-2008, 08:22 AM
DSMFTW.com

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
92_DSM is a name known to all92_DSM is a name known to all92_DSM is a name known to all92_DSM is a name known to all92_DSM is a name known to all92_DSM is a name known to all
Default DSM Question

I own a 92 Talon Tsi, Recently It has been sitting in my street due to gas prices being so high. Every week I used to cut it on and let it run for a little bit to keep the fluids from going bad. The past few weeks I have not let it run (beacuse I have been busy) and I went to go an cut it on the other day and It would not cut on. It starts for about 3 secs and dies. It turns but doesnt fire. I replaced the spark plugs because the old ones looked really bad I adjusted them to the factory specifications, and that didnt work. I dont know what the problem is, prob cause Im retarded and its something simple, so if you can help that would be great.
Old 07-03-2008, 10:30 AM
Grippin the Grain

importfanatic importfanatic importfanatic importfanatic importfanatic importfanatic importfanatic importfanatic importfanatic importfanatic importfanatic
Default Re: DSM Question

It does have gas right? Check for the basics first, like the fuses and the fuel pump relay.
Old 07-03-2008, 11:10 AM
1.6L Elitist

Newbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these parts

Check pump, and coils/wires... come back when that is done and we can go from there.
Old 07-03-2008, 11:19 AM
CPL Us Army

jpick_aap_cpp has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by importfanatic
It does have gas right? Check for the basics first, like the fuses and the fuel pump relay.
+1
Old 07-03-2008, 11:24 AM
I <3 My DSM

SPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud of

shame on you for letting a dsm sit.....tisk tisk....gas is no reason to ruin a perfectly good dsm but +1 on importfanatic statement
Old 07-03-2008, 11:27 AM
CPL Us Army

jpick_aap_cpp has disabled reputation

stay outta boost and you 'should' be just fine!
Old 07-06-2008, 01:16 PM
Team Doughboy

MuffinMan7580 is on a distinguished road

Make sure your battery isn't weak.
Old 07-06-2008, 02:15 PM
❒Good ❒ Better ✔Best

HighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud of

does it actually fire and then cut off or just not start? I'm puzzled as to why gas prices would make you park it in the first place, as a properly running DSM does not get bad gas mileage at all. You riding a bicycle instead or something?
Old 02-14-2010, 07:32 PM
Registered Member

91cb7 has disabled reputation

the problem was the tps had shifted so it wasn't in the right place to stay on... but i fixed that... you can see it when i get it fixed this week...