Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

DSM HELP NEEDED! (420A)

Old 11-10-2008, 08:32 AM
Beer or Gasoline?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Antonyj1214 Antonyj1214 Antonyj1214 Antonyj1214 Antonyj1214 Antonyj1214 Antonyj1214 Antonyj1214 Antonyj1214 Antonyj1214 Antonyj1214
Default DSM HELP NEEDED! (420A)

CLOSE / DELETE

Last edited by Antonyj1214; 11-20-2008 at 04:39 AM.
Old 11-10-2008, 10:42 AM
Fitty Tuckin

-JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB-
Default Re: DSM HELP NEEDED! (420A)

Originally Posted by Antonyj1214
Well a week or so ago I was driving to work and the cruise, radiator, and CEL came on and the car started sputtering I reved up the motor and all the lights cleared. Well I get almost to work and it does it again and this time the headlights flashed then went completely out. So I put on my highbeams it did it again then they went out. I finally get the car parked and the positive battery cable was so hot a drop of rain fell on it and it sizzled. Well everyone was saying it was the alternator. I get another alt and I go to replace it and I notice the lower bracket is all chewed up, the alternator mounting hole where the bolt goes through is 2times the size it normallyis and the bolt has a 1 inch flat spot all the way around. so I go get another lower bracket aswell. I also notice that the 4 white wire harness coming off the positive side of the battery is all burned up. So I get that harness aswell. I get the alterntor in and the harness in and now I am getting no power to the fuel pump. I know the pump works because I hooked the pump up to a battery and it starts. Well I figured it was the relay.... I got another relay off of an Eclipse that is running plug it in and still nothing. All the car will do is turn over and not start. No power to the fuel pump. What I was wondering is why would there be no power to the fuel pump. Is there another relay or a fuse or something that could be blown somewhere or does it run off a relay in the fuse box. Please someone help me out here I am tired of having to bum rides to work. Thanks!
Find a FSM and a multimeter and start checking wiring.
Old 11-10-2008, 11:45 AM
Zombies found Waldo

buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie
Default Re: DSM HELP NEEDED! (420A)

It kinda sounds like a bad ground with the wires heating up and such.

A buddy of mine had a talon with a 420a that did that but his actually caught fire and torched the whole throttle cable. Turned out to be the ground from the intake manifold to the firewall was not grounded properly.

Also check out www.dsmtuners.com and www.dsmtalk.com