Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

DSM GUYS HELP ME OUT?!?

Old 01-29-2005, 12:54 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pingar Pingar Pingar Pingar Pingar
Default DSM GUYS HELP ME OUT?!?

alright guys ive been a dsm guy for four years now..and with females and bills i havent had time to do anything to my eclipse..but now im ready...any ideas..ive been thinking cyclone swap..but me and some buddies been thinking bout building a badazz 4g63t for it..and throwing it in...its a 1.8 five speed car...i know what ur gona say sell it start fresh i cant ive tried been offered money and cant do it. so any ideas would be great....even if ya got some tips for my build anything will help...im just ready to get my dsm back and fast. Its been sitting beside my garage for almost a year.
Old 01-29-2005, 01:27 AM
Turbo? whats that

SolarEclipse is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: DSM GUYS HELP ME OUT?!?

dude just sell it and get a mustang
Old 01-29-2005, 02:47 AM
Big Dick Playa

King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling

well first off explain the difference between this cyclone and this 4g63t you speak of.

i always thought they were the same engine. just one by name and one by code?
Old 01-29-2005, 04:18 AM
Registered Member

bigredd bigredd bigredd bigredd bigredd bigredd bigredd bigredd bigredd bigredd bigredd

the only difference between the cyclone and the american motor is the intake manifold. inernally they run all the same parts.
Old 01-29-2005, 05:56 AM
Home, finally

Citium2012 Citium2012 Citium2012 Citium2012 Citium2012 Citium2012 Citium2012 Citium2012 Citium2012 Citium2012 Citium2012

Originally Posted by bigredd
the only difference between the cyclone and the american motor is the intake manifold. inernally they run all the same parts.
Yeah, just go on E-bay and pick up a Cyclone manifold... then go to DSMTuners and check out their tech articles on doing the Int.Mani swap. Well worth it. It was on my list of next things to do.
I love how the DSM's engine is easy to make power (makes up for it's heavy @$$ )
Old 01-29-2005, 10:30 AM
R.I.P B.K.H & K.D.A.

SlammedScort has disabled reputation

Doesn't the Cyclone manifold have a secondary butterfly set-up, like the gsr?
Old 01-29-2005, 12:54 PM
❒Good ❒ Better ✔Best

HighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by SlammedScort
Doesn't the Cyclone manifold have a secondary butterfly set-up, like the gsr?

yea, and it blows

the swap is too much of a pain. just buy a new car.
Old 01-29-2005, 01:17 PM
Registered Member

Pingar Pingar Pingar Pingar Pingar

its not much of a pain...its just spending the money...i wana keep that car it was my first dsm...if ya get what i mean...and i like it cause it has no power except for power steering...i mean ive found the wiring harness for a 2.0 car and the ecu for cheap from a dsmjunkyard up north....i mean if i could find a cheap turbo car id concider doing another car...but i dunno...my goal is to have a turbo reliable eclipse..with alot of power
Old 01-29-2005, 02:13 PM
Big Dick Playa

King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling

well i knew the cyclone has secondary butterflies. i was told back in the day that the us engine is better anyways. more room to port or something or the other way around im not sure.

but anyways. i'd sayt buy a new car.
Old 01-29-2005, 02:48 PM
Registered Member

1slocolt has disabled reputation

Yeah the cyclone intake manifold is a secondary butterfly system to maintain low end and produce good top end, just like in my SVT contour. Definitely not worth the money or time to do it on a 4g63. Instead of spending the money on the cyclone save it for a bigger turbo or anything other than a damn intake manifold. The 1g 4g63t intake manifold flows great for stock. Only way I'd see upgrading is if you were running over 450hp.