Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

dodge stealth distributor question

Old 11-13-2006, 10:01 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1sloEX has disabled reputation
Exclamation dodge stealth distributor question

i am in the process of droping a jdm 3000gt motor in my dodge stealth its a 91 stleath and the motor is out of a 93-96 3000gt... same motor... 3.0 v6 just different year and ones single cam and ones dual... only one problem... can anyone tell me how to hook the distributor up to the new motor?... the orginal motor was a sohc with distibutor.. and the new motor is a dohc with coils... im trying to avoid the whole wireing harness and ecu replacement.... is there any way possible to hook up distributor? and if so how do i go about doing so? and were am i bolting it down...?
Old 11-13-2006, 10:08 PM
you suck, i know it

(F-) (F-) (F-) (F-) (F-) (F-) (F-) (F-) (F-) (F-) (F-)
Default Re: dodge stealth distributor question

no, there is not
Old 11-13-2006, 11:11 PM
ZOR - WE'RE BACK!

cole is infamous around these partscole is infamous around these partscole is infamous around these partscole is infamous around these partscole is infamous around these partscole is infamous around these partscole is infamous around these partscole is infamous around these partscole is infamous around these partscole is infamous around these partscole is infamous around these parts
Default Re: dodge stealth distributor question

Originally Posted by 1sloEX
i am in the process of droping a jdm 3000gt motor in my dodge stealth its a 91 stleath and the motor is out of a 93-96 3000gt... same motor... 3.0 v6 just different year and ones single cam and ones dual... only one problem... can anyone tell me how to hook the distributor up to the new motor?... the orginal motor was a sohc with distibutor.. and the new motor is a dohc with coils... im trying to avoid the whole wireing harness and ecu replacement.... is there any way possible to hook up distributor? and if so how do i go about doing so? and were am i bolting it down...?
there is but you don't have the know how on how to do it and the wiring will be cheaper then trying to retrofit a distributor.