Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Dinan Honda ECU Help

Old 03-10-2006, 06:50 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JDM_EF3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Dinan Honda ECU Help

I've got a Dinan P28 with the D930--301C chip installed in it. All I can tell is that it is very lean at idol, redlines somewhere above 8 and vtec engages at 5. I contacted the head tech at the California office. He said they have not dealt with Honda for about 5 years now (which I knew) and that they sold the chips and rights to another company who has since gone out of business. Does anyone know anything about them or does anyone have a eeprom burner/reader that would get the maps for me. Thanks in advance.
Old 03-10-2006, 09:29 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8
Default Re: Dinan Honda ECU Help

Did you just buy an ECU that was tuned for a different setup than yours? I could have helped you out but I'm in CO now. Dinan should have just remappeed the program, so once you get the contents of the prom, it should be able to be viewed in any of the OBD1 freeware programs like Crome. You'll also be able to retune and recompile out of there also. Basically, if you can find someone with a prom burner, you can do the rest yourself. Good luck!

By the way, you haven't said what mods you have or what engine, that has a lot do to with how well a pre-tuned program actually performs.
Old 03-10-2006, 09:37 AM
Registered Member

JDM_EF3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Dinan Honda ECU Help

I bought the ecu with the motor; ZC block, D16Z6 head and there are no bolt on mods, however I don't know if the insides are stock.

If anyone has a prom burner please PM me. Thanks!