Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

DCOE carbs on a bseries...

Old 06-16-2003, 10:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
crazychickenhead is an unknown quantity at this point
Default DCOE carbs on a bseries...

Has anyone had any experience with these??? I was thinking about running 2 on a 2.0 liter nonvtec with a huge cam. i found a manifold that fits the GSR head but I cant seem to find one for the b18 head
Old 06-16-2003, 11:31 AM
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT

never heard of carburetors on a newer fuel injected. computer controlled honda, itb;s yes,but not carbs, unless carbs means something else, good luck with your venture.........
Old 06-17-2003, 11:03 AM

Well i'm having a rough time finding much info... but I found some thread on some random forum where they were flaming each other over knowing which motors were in available in what cars, in the 80's... and it had this in it: "...the first B18A came in the 86-89 Accord GXL-S, where it was carbed..." I'm sure it's a single carb, not for performance, just for daily use... so the manifold is probably worthless to me. I'd also use a header with equal length primaries and a custom cam grind. Based on some calculations, I think I can run a bigger cam than any specC and make more power. This is a race motor so i dont care about idle, but i believe it will idle better from a carburated mixture over the EFI system.
Old 06-17-2003, 11:11 AM

This is the carb setup I want to run. There are conversions out there to run 2 sidedrafts on the old SOHC heads.. I wonder who could modify the manifold to fit a b18a/b, b20b/z head.