Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Cylinder wall protection

Old 09-21-2009, 12:27 PM
Brown Water

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Livin_Legend Livin_Legend Livin_Legend Livin_Legend Livin_Legend Livin_Legend Livin_Legend Livin_Legend Livin_Legend Livin_Legend Livin_Legend
Default Cylinder wall protection

I have a question... I'm performing a build and before I hone the cylinders I need to know one thing. Is there any remedy used to protect the cylinder walls from rust before/after block assembly besides spraying them with WD-40 every few days? My head is not ready to assemble yet so that is not an option as of this moment. Any advice regarding this matter would be appreciated. Thanks..
Old 09-21-2009, 12:29 PM
yaaat.

ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington
Default Re: Cylinder wall protection

why not wait? or put painters tape across the deck.
Old 09-21-2009, 12:35 PM
Brown Water

Livin_Legend Livin_Legend Livin_Legend Livin_Legend Livin_Legend Livin_Legend Livin_Legend Livin_Legend Livin_Legend Livin_Legend Livin_Legend

I picked up b18b1 long block with a spun bearing for CHEAP not too long ago and I just fiinished disassembly, so I wanted to take it to a machine shop to get it looked at, hot tanked and honed.
Old 09-21-2009, 12:36 PM
yaaat.

ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington

Originally Posted by Livin_Legend
I picked up b18b1 long block with a spun bearing for CHEAP not too long ago and I just fiinished disassembly, so I wanted to take it to a machine shop to get it looked at, hot tanked and honed.
So, wait till your head is finished, then get the bottom end done, and assemble afterwards.