Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

curbed my civic wheel pushed back a little

Old 02-05-2012, 12:06 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
crxmatt crxmatt crxmatt crxmatt crxmatt crxmatt crxmatt crxmatt crxmatt crxmatt crxmatt
Default curbed my civic wheel pushed back a little

last year I curbed my 99 civic si, I'm putting it back together for my girl and when I had stopped driving it the wheel would hit the back of the fender well on hard turns and it pulled very much to the right, passenger side was hit. The impact was only 15 mph or so and it bent the rim a little. I Have off my lower control arm right now and Im looking at all the parts, the subframe appears good I loosened all the bolts and it was pushed back a little bit not much more than a 1/4 inch. My problems is the lower control arm does not not appear to be bent and the strut as well as the tie rod end look fine and the upper control arm. I cant find anyone in town who has the lower arm in stock to compare the two, If anyone has had a similar problem and has a solution let me know please it would be a great help!
Old 02-05-2012, 12:08 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8
Default Re: curbed my civic wheel pushed back a little

Take the one from the other side and put them back to back to compare. It's like a magical mirror image.
Old 02-05-2012, 12:25 PM
Registered Member

crxmatt crxmatt crxmatt crxmatt crxmatt crxmatt crxmatt crxmatt crxmatt crxmatt crxmatt

yeah I tried that but its just super hard to compare it still does not look bent to me is there a good way to figure out what is bent, this is the only thing stopping me from throwing the motor in
Old 02-10-2012, 10:10 AM
Registered Member

aacjohnc has disabled reputation

i would check inner outer tie rods on that side and your rack . i have some upper arms and extra tie rods for both side if needed off 98 civic just pm me if needed in chesapeak. parts in good condition my rack went out and came with new ones at no charge so replace it all since i was already in there.