Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Possible leak from 3pc re-barrelled wheel???

Old 02-07-2012, 04:42 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JPrice! JPrice! JPrice! JPrice! JPrice! JPrice! JPrice! JPrice! JPrice! JPrice! JPrice!
Default Possible leak from 3pc re-barrelled wheel???

So I bought some re-barreled 3 piece Work Equips from VR wheels a few months back and somehow one of my rears and one front has leaked down to 10 pounds in the past month and a half. Of course having a super low profile tire Its almost impossible to tell they were low and the car wasn't pulling at all...Do any of you guys know or have had any issues with a 3pc wheel leaking? Im thinking its coming from the center of the barrel where they are welded and sealed with silicone. Im not stretching tire on them so im 99% sure they arent leaking from the bead of the tire... Any advice??
Old 02-07-2012, 04:57 PM
Is in ur head, why?

crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness
Default Re: Possible leak from 3pc re-barrelled wheel???

Remove wheel from car spray wheel with soapy water, and look for bubbling.
Old 02-07-2012, 05:18 PM
Registered Member

JPrice! JPrice! JPrice! JPrice! JPrice! JPrice! JPrice! JPrice! JPrice! JPrice! JPrice!

Yeah im going to do that but like i said if its coming from the actual center of the wheel where the barrel is welded and sliiconed then i wont really be able to see any bubbling
Old 02-07-2012, 05:29 PM
Registered Member

Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy.

Originally Posted by JPrice!
Yeah im going to do that but like i said if its coming from the actual center of the wheel where the barrel is welded and sliiconed then i wont really be able to see any bubbling
Fill up a big tub with water. Then put about 40lbs of air in the tire in the water and see where it bubbles. If it's coming from here the wheel bolts together pull them apart and reseal them.
Old 02-07-2012, 05:37 PM
Registered Member

If thats the case, i should make VR deal with fixing them. Ill do that tomorrow though
Old 02-07-2012, 07:15 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

If it's a 3 piece wheel it's not welded, it's just bolted together. It should be an easy fix, just a tedious one.
Old 02-07-2012, 07:17 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Originally Posted by Cindy_Lou_Who
Fill up a big tub with water. Then put about 40lbs of air in the tire in the water and see where it bubbles. If it's coming from here the wheel bolts together pull them apart and reseal them.
If it's losing 10psi in 1.5 months then it's going to be really hard to see in the bathtub.
Old 02-08-2012, 03:08 AM
Registered Member

Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy.

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
If it's losing 10psi in 1.5 months then it's going to be really hard to see in the bathtub.

Well if he puts 40psi and can't see bubble go up to 50psi. Eventually you will see it.
Old 02-08-2012, 03:11 AM
NAZI mod

BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER

also check your valve stems.
Old 02-08-2012, 09:25 AM
Registered member

WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E

Bought 4 sets off vr wheels, and one of the sets was a 3 piece bbs wheel, and it leaked to 10-12lbs after 2-3 days. I had to have it taken apart and re-sealed. I'm almost 100% certain it is just a bad seal, they are a giant warehouse, and I guarantee they make mistakes occasionally with prep times, etc.

Quick Reply: Possible leak from 3pc re-barrelled wheel???