Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

CRX Swap options and extending front end?

Old 07-21-2006, 09:32 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DOHC crx VTEC is an unknown quantity at this point
Default CRX Swap options and extending front end?

Well, I'm going to be doing SOHC turbo for a while and I planned on building another motor while I'm messing with SOHC turbo. My thoughts were either a K24 bottom end w/k20 head OR a H22 with boost. I've heard of some people extending CRX front ends but I have never seen anything about it? Give me some opinions. But ahead of time please don't say. "Get a new car, go B-seires" I want to fuck with a different swap. I will be converting to obd-1 soon BTW.
Old 07-21-2006, 10:01 PM
braap braap

Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod
Default Re: CRX Swap options and extending front end?

I'm actually mad at Marcis for getting rid of it.

But um dude, have you priced a K24 bottom end? Its worth more than your car, motor and turbo kit put together. I'm not knocking you, I was saving my money to get a bottom end, because I was thinking of getting one for my hatchback.

Plus, do you know, or have any idea how much stuff goes into a k-swap, let alone a boosted one?

It's not a boosted d-series, that you can just use a Hf manifold and a dsm turbo. It's alot more expensive.

I'd say, rock the turbo d, pop it, throw in another one. Your car is light, and it'll be quick if you can drive it.
Old 07-21-2006, 10:01 PM
Registered member

cleanEK is a jewel in the roughcleanEK is a jewel in the roughcleanEK is a jewel in the roughcleanEK is a jewel in the roughcleanEK is a jewel in the rough

lol first thing came to mind was, "get a new car" ahha
Old 07-21-2006, 10:15 PM
f*ck a b series

slo_rex has disabled reputation

i knew you would go obd1 after i told you that was the best thing to do. the k series is a lot of work into an ef chassis just letting you know. h22 are good but everyone i have ever seen go through trannies about as fast as dsm's do
Old 07-21-2006, 10:36 PM
やくざに成りたい

atmdc has disabled reputation

go ls1 or f20c! j/k ive never heard of lengthening a front end to accomodate the h series? how the hell would you do it without it becoming non road safe?
Old 07-22-2006, 08:35 AM
Banned

Jarrod- Yeah, I kinda miss the b16 but hey. I want D-series turbo. It's just, I want to dip into the 12's or below. I was thinking about just doing H22 turbo. I didn't plan on boosting the K if i saved up for a swap! These are just future plans. I was just getting some Insight.

ATMDC- I've heard of people that when they go H22 turbo, they lengthen the front end a few inches so they can go with a bigger turbo, and more room.

I am aware this is going to cost some money btw.
Old 07-22-2006, 09:59 AM
Registered member

cleanEK is a jewel in the roughcleanEK is a jewel in the roughcleanEK is a jewel in the roughcleanEK is a jewel in the roughcleanEK is a jewel in the rough

i dont think you extend the front end, ive heard of pushing the fire wall back?
Old 07-22-2006, 10:02 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by EclipseFIRM
i dont think you extend the front end, ive heard of pushing the fire wall back?
So my knees can be even more cramped....great....... Know, I've heard of people extending the frame. Fuck, I need to find an article. Someone had told me about it, but I didn't show interest a while ago. Unless someone can find me a h22 turbo crx that is packed nicely, show me
Old 07-23-2006, 12:03 PM
posted on da block

l0uiE|3oy has much to be proud ofl0uiE|3oy has much to be proud ofl0uiE|3oy has much to be proud ofl0uiE|3oy has much to be proud ofl0uiE|3oy has much to be proud ofl0uiE|3oy has much to be proud ofl0uiE|3oy has much to be proud ofl0uiE|3oy has much to be proud ofl0uiE|3oy has much to be proud ofl0uiE|3oy has much to be proud ofl0uiE|3oy has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by DOHC crx VTEC
So my knees can be even more cramped....great.......

i thing that fuckin steerin wheel needa be raised just another inch....cause the fuckin shit cramps me too! even though im not as tall as u...
Old 07-23-2006, 02:02 PM
formerly si_zc_civic

fwd_josh is a splendid one to beholdfwd_josh is a splendid one to beholdfwd_josh is a splendid one to beholdfwd_josh is a splendid one to beholdfwd_josh is a splendid one to beholdfwd_josh is a splendid one to beholdfwd_josh is a splendid one to behold

sport compact car did it, not a turbo but an h22 none the less. you dent the fire wall in certain locations to make room. not a lot just a little. hasport makes a kit.

Quick Reply: CRX Swap options and extending front end?