Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

coolant coming out of the overflow bottle..

Old 04-20-2004, 03:12 PM
RIP Chris Schader

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x
Exclamation coolant coming out of the overflow bottle..

now that it started to get warm my car decides to start peeing coolant out of the overflow bottle exit hose. i thought it was the thermostat so i replaced it, no change in the problem. what is making it push all of the coolant out of the radiator into the overflow bottle and out the overflow tube to the ground?
Old 04-20-2004, 04:56 PM
the baddest assed

MIGHTYMOUSE MIGHTYMOUSE MIGHTYMOUSE MIGHTYMOUSE MIGHTYMOUSE MIGHTYMOUSE MIGHTYMOUSE MIGHTYMOUSE MIGHTYMOUSE MIGHTYMOUSE MIGHTYMOUSE
Default Re: coolant coming out of the overflow bottle..

take off your radiator cap, if your radiator is empty and your overflow is pissing then you have lost your headgasket. if not maybe you just had the overflow too full to start.
Old 04-20-2004, 05:03 PM
Big Dick Playa

King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling

Originally Posted by MIGHTYMOUSE
take off your radiator cap, if your radiator is empty and your overflow is pissing then you have lost your headgasket. if not maybe you just had the overflow too full to start.
yep thats what mine did, right when the head gasket went. shitty. goodluck man
Old 04-20-2004, 05:15 PM
Handling is Key!

Voodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these parts

yep head gasket!
Old 04-20-2004, 07:35 PM
INCONCEIVABLE!

MeanGreenGSX is a name known to allMeanGreenGSX is a name known to allMeanGreenGSX is a name known to allMeanGreenGSX is a name known to allMeanGreenGSX is a name known to allMeanGreenGSX is a name known to allMeanGreenGSX is a name known to all

thats what happened to me when my head gasket went out, problem was it would leak out from the head gasket letting air in then the air would expand and push it all out till it was to empty. At least that was my theory on the whole thing
Old 04-20-2004, 07:36 PM

chidoks is an unknown quantity at this point

head gasket...happened on my talon...
Old 04-20-2004, 07:51 PM
RIP Chris Schader

g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x

i fixed it tonight, so if you are reading this and have this problem.. before you do anything replace the radiator cap and thermostat. i replaced my radiator cap tonight after reading some stuff on dsmtuners.com and that turned out to be my problem. no more leakage and my car runs alot cooler than what it used to.
Old 04-20-2004, 08:12 PM
INCONCEIVABLE!

MeanGreenGSX is a name known to allMeanGreenGSX is a name known to allMeanGreenGSX is a name known to allMeanGreenGSX is a name known to allMeanGreenGSX is a name known to allMeanGreenGSX is a name known to allMeanGreenGSX is a name known to all

yeah i tried that both before i did the head gasket on mine, id do anything to not have to ever touch that thing again