Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

convert from hydro to cable

Old 02-23-2004, 09:52 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hondazccivic is an unknown quantity at this point
Default convert from hydro to cable

Hey, I was calling around to companies who sell the b16A2 with tranny combo's. A place has one for $1,400, with a cable tranny, I was just wondering how hard that would be to convert it in my 92 civic hatch. Anyone know of any places i can read up on this?
-Aaron-
Old 02-23-2004, 10:06 AM
Asshole Supreme

S dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud of
Default Re: convert from hydro to cable

Trust me, you don't want the cable transmission. You will play hell trying to find replacement parts for it if and when needed. Spend the extra money and and get the hydrloic transmission is my opinion.
Old 02-23-2004, 04:37 PM
Registered Member

calgone47 has a reputation beyond reputecalgone47 has a reputation beyond reputecalgone47 has a reputation beyond reputecalgone47 has a reputation beyond reputecalgone47 has a reputation beyond reputecalgone47 has a reputation beyond reputecalgone47 has a reputation beyond reputecalgone47 has a reputation beyond reputecalgone47 has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with Campachino. Also, I know Hasport makes the Cable to Hydro conversion but I don't think I've heard of a Hydro to Cable conversion yet. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
Old 02-24-2004, 05:24 AM
Asshole Supreme

S dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud of

The conversion can be done.
Old 02-24-2004, 05:40 AM
teamULTRASPEED

see are x is an unknown quantity at this point

jdmshit.com has the conversion kits for $150...i was thinking about doing the same thing too...mainly because hydro b16 trannies are hard to come by around here, and if someone does happen to sell one, they want 2 million dollars for it...I can get a cable b16 tranny for about $350...I like to short gearing on these cable trannies too
Old 02-24-2004, 06:54 AM
Registered Member

hondazccivic is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey, so you guys think I should buy 88-91 crx then drop in a cable b16, or should I buy a b16a2 with hydro and convert it to cable? What do you guys think? I am not really sure what I want to do.
-Aaron-
Old 01-13-2005, 03:48 PM
Banned

blackknight86 is an unknown quantity at this point

hey i looked on jdmshit.com and i couldnt find the conversion kit for the cable to hydro kit... i have a 93 civic hb and i want to put a 91 jdm b16 in it but i cant seem to find the conversion kit like yall said it was available...

plz help

nvm i finally found it and you say its $150?

Last edited by blackknight86; 01-13-2005 at 03:51 PM.