Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

coilover problem

Old 04-20-2005, 08:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
kingkoopa15 has disabled reputation
Default coilover problem

a buddy of mine got some coilvers for his 93 civic coupe off ebay the other day.. we're going to put them on together since we always help each other with our cars.. but he is oblivious to anything mechanical and i havent changed springs before.. ive done pretty much every other suspension component aside from springs.. we jacked it up and went to take off the struts and come to find out that the bolts that hold the bottom of the strut really didnt wanna come off. we tried everything we could possibly think of. drenched it in nut buster.. used air tools.. tried putting a wrench on it and jerking it with a crow bar.. everything aside from grinding the fucker off.

has anyone ever run into this problem? and what would you suggest to get the damn bolts off.. the bottom strut bolts are the only thing thats stopping it..
Old 04-20-2005, 08:30 PM
representyoshit

ef_what? is infamous around these partsef_what? is infamous around these partsef_what? is infamous around these partsef_what? is infamous around these partsef_what? is infamous around these partsef_what? is infamous around these partsef_what? is infamous around these partsef_what? is infamous around these partsef_what? is infamous around these partsef_what? is infamous around these partsef_what? is infamous around these parts
Default Re: coilover problem

it will probably break for the simple fact that they have not ever been removed since honda put them together. it happened to me and a couple of my friends. once you have all the nuts and bolts off/loosened spray them with some wd-40 or something. makes things much easier next time.
Old 04-20-2005, 08:31 PM
Registered Member

IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince

you have to have a good set of air tools. I ended up brakeing mine. you will then have to drillour the bolt or replace the bushing.
Old 04-21-2005, 03:31 AM
Registered Member

00CivicGirl is an unknown quantity at this point

i ended up having to grind mine then drill it out. i went to honda and bought new bolts for each side since that happened. i think it was like $8 for both bolts
Old 04-21-2005, 03:38 AM
Boosted F2B

99EJ6T is an unknown quantity at this point

if it is the rear's... then the nut side is welded to the bottom of the strut
Old 04-21-2005, 03:48 AM
Registered Member

Kioller is an unknown quantity at this point

when i did my coilovers on my 93 hatch, i ended up giving it to a shop jsut because of the back struts. they got one, but the other they had to take out the whole damn assembly to change my spring.
Old 04-21-2005, 11:49 PM
Registered Member

audiophile24 has disabled reputation

i used a box end wrench and a 2lb maul to tap on the end of the wrench it works beutifully.