Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

coil over???

Old 04-27-2003, 04:47 PM
BENORML

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mike187 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default coil over???

i got a 90 crx with 15'' rims and i wanna lower it a little bit (if the damn thing aint low enough) and a friend told me for hondas its good to get a coil over or something like that so i was just wondering about that, see what anyone thinks or some suggestions i think its like 100 bucks or something for it?? if someone could just give me some feedback thatd be cool... peace
Old 04-27-2003, 05:20 PM
It has 4 Doors...

Whtehnda93DXSdn is an unknown quantity at this point

well you have a coilover setup that's just used in conjunction w/ your stock shocks/struts or after market like KYB,kokico etc or a full Coilover setup that contains that but you pay a little more for a complete coilover setup.

like these:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=33582
or
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=33582
or full coilovers
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=42609

Tein is an awesome company when it comes to coilovers. the big thing w/ the CO is that you adjust the ride height unlike w/ lowering springs where you are at a set lowered height. I hope this might help you out a little in your search and understanding..
Old 04-27-2003, 07:40 PM
TPJ
sumospeedDOTcom

TPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the rough

do you work at farm fresh in hampton by any chance? i doubt you do, just wondering, i know there is a dude i think named mike who works there who just got a black 90-91 crx si with some 15in konigs and someone i know that works with him was talking about he wanted to lower it and stuff. if so hit me up in a pm, if not, my personal preference is lowering springs, they are less bouncey, but coilovers are nice if you get a full setup.
Old 04-28-2003, 05:36 AM
Registered Member

IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince

jic- magic...that's what I got for a 240sx...nice and for liess then 1500 can't beat it. it comes with the pillow balls too.
Old 04-29-2003, 09:44 AM
BENORML

Mike187 is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks guys i think once i get some money ill go all out and see whats best so i guess lowering springs area better ride but coilover systems are a little nicer? and no i dont work at farmfresh but i have seen a pretty nice crx si black and it just got sold so it maybe the same car but i got a regular 90 crx black automatic im gonna leave stock because im just happy with the looks so all im thinking is maybe some other rims in the future and def. gonna lower it... thanks for the help if you need some then just ask im glad to help with what i know... my plates say BENORML so if ya see me then say whats up we need to get a car show that blends diff. types ya know muscle with street and all that good stuff. peace!