Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

clutch problem

Old 07-10-2003, 01:37 PM
Dont sleep

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LookslikeLS LookslikeLS LookslikeLS LookslikeLS LookslikeLS LookslikeLS LookslikeLS LookslikeLS LookslikeLS LookslikeLS
Default clutch problem

ok today i swapped in a new motor with a BRAND new clutch. the clutch was installed correctly, ie torqued to honda specifications, and lubed with grease and new bearings installed. upon starting the motor i tried to shift through the gears while the car was parked. heres the problem....... when i depress the clutch pedal all the way to the floor i cant switch gears BUT if i play with the pedal about halfway down i can switch gears. its tricky but i can get it to work. and the second thing is when i depress the clutch pedal all the way to the floor with it in gear it engages?????? almost like a second engagement. its really fuckin wierd and i have never encountered this problem before. so i need to know what to do to fix it so i can shift gears like a normal car.
And before anyone ask i blead the piss out the clutch system cuz that was my first thought on what to fix it.so any other suggestions would be nice.
Old 07-10-2003, 02:16 PM
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT

you did use a clutch alignment tool correct?....you did put the throw out bearing on correctly right?. if it was a used tranny i would have tore it down and checked it out myself, how about your shift linkage is it properly pulling the shift fork?, is your throw out fork stuck somewhere?. you need to start all over again......
Old 07-10-2003, 02:22 PM
Dont sleep

LookslikeLS LookslikeLS LookslikeLS LookslikeLS LookslikeLS LookslikeLS LookslikeLS LookslikeLS LookslikeLS LookslikeLS

Originally posted by MORE IMPATIENT
you did use a clutch alignment tool correct?....you did put the throw out bearing on correctly right?. if it was a used tranny i would have tore it down and checked it out myself, how about your shift linkage is it properly pulling the shift fork?, is your throw out fork stuck somewhere?. you need to start all over again......
yes i used clutch alignment tool. throw out bearing only goes on one way. tranny is fine all gears work. it is sumthing in the hydraulic part of the clutch system. shiftlinkage is correct. fork is fine it moves properly.
Old 07-10-2003, 02:33 PM
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT

technically you can put the throw out bearing on backwards and it would still mount up correctly but you wouldnt be able to shift at all, your prolly right though its most likely a hydraulic issue, so just go and check all the usuals, clutch master cylinder, clutch slave cylinder, all the lines, maybe somehow its not pushing the cylinder shaft into the throwout fork enough at some point and then it gets the full force, it sounds like a weird problem, just investigate i guess.......
Old 07-13-2003, 06:37 AM
Registered Member

NIC668 NIC668 NIC668 NIC668 NIC668 NIC668 NIC668 NIC668 NIC668 NIC668 NIC668

bleed the system out
Old 07-13-2003, 09:46 AM
It's Duck Season

JBub JBub JBub JBub JBub JBub JBub JBub JBub JBub JBub

Originally posted by STK CRX
bleed the system out
Originally posted by LookslikeLS
And before anyone ask i blead the piss out the clutch system
Old 07-13-2003, 10:00 AM
Dont sleep

Originally posted by NighthawkRSX
thnaks for paying attention and i found out what the poblem was its my clutch master cylinder. it needed to be adjusted and replaced.