Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

catback question

Old 11-28-2006, 12:53 PM
Eg sleeper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Speed_Fr3eak has disabled reputation
Default catback question

i own a 95 lx civic, which is a 1.5l (yea its a 4dr ) and for some reason most companies only make catbacks that fit the 1.6l sedan, which is the ex, and, one for a 1.5l but thoes are for the hatches. which one, if any, would fit? i think i read somewhere that the Catalytic converter is in a different spot on the ex so, the piping would be off, and im assuming the piping for the hatch would be too short. So what am i to do? i cant be screwed with the stock exhaust forever!!!
Old 11-28-2006, 01:04 PM
Registered Member

GlfDaddy has disabled reputation
Default Re: catback question

the catalytic converter should be in the same spot. There shouldnt be any difference cause they are the same chassis. If for some reason it is differnt on the ex just get a muffler shop to make you an exhaust that is just as good for cheaper or just make a little fabrication on a catback system.
Old 11-28-2006, 01:15 PM
1505/2000

execelon execelon execelon execelon execelon execelon execelon execelon execelon execelon execelon
Default Re: catback question

any coupe (NOT HATCH) exhaust will fit.. as far as it bolting up i'm not really sure. the flange could be clock'ed different or the cats could be different lengths, but you could just get a header and be done with it..

ps.. instead of getting a catback i'm sure your money could be spent some where else with better performance results