Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Car wont start :( 93 Civic

Old 05-11-2004, 06:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
slosvt is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Car wont start :( 93 Civic

I brought home the 93 Civic today and first thing I did was take the radio in the car out. As soon as I did that the problems started

First the alarm would keep the lights blinking forever. I then disconnected the fuse for the alarm and the lights stopped blinking, but the car wouldnt even crank. Simple enough, remove the whole damn alarm system and then I wouldnt have any problems, right, wrong! I took everything that has to do with the alarm out of the car and now the car will crank, but not start. Im not really sure what to do. The only thing I see is in the engine bay there is a ground strap behind the driver side headlight that is not connected anywhere else. Im not really sure where it should be hooked up at though.

If there is anyone that could come by and help me out it would be greatly appreciated. I live less than a mile off of the Indian River Rd exit on 64.

Thanks
Lloyd
slosvt@cox.net
lloydm@usadiscounters.net
Old 05-11-2004, 06:47 PM
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT
Default Re: Car wont start :( 93 Civic

damn i was just there about half an hour ago, and that ground strap needs to be connected, also , when you pulled the alarm out,did you accidentally pull the connections to the ignition source? pretty much all alarms plug into the ignition source under your dash, its a plug that have accesory,accesory 2, ground and ignition, when you pull that out, maybe you accidentally pulled the ignition wire for your car.......
Old 05-12-2004, 03:25 AM

To be honost im not sure what wires are for the ignition source. I dont have a manual and am not sure that I would understand everything to get it done. I just dont see why the car cranks but doesnt fire. Sounds like it would have to be an ignition wire somewhere. Does anyone have a manual? Does anyone know where the other end of the ground strap goes? Its on the frame, does the other end go to the block?

Ive saved everything that ive pulled out and it looks like only the alarm pieces have been removed. I have the main box, shock sensor box, starter solenoid box, and then about 3 different sets of wires that were linked in some fashion to the car. Plus the alarm had 2 different "switches" that were attached in some manner.

More Impatient.....let me know if you will be out this way anytime soon. Id love to drive this car since my current daily driver doesnt have AC. Ill try to compensate you for your time if you can help me out.

Thanks
Lloyd

PS...I work 9-5, so if you try to contact me, please use lloydm@usadiscounters.net
Old 05-12-2004, 05:28 AM
SSHNIPER

THATS FRESH is on a distinguished road

something fused out. check all your fuses.
Old 05-12-2004, 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by THATS FRESH
something fused out. check all your fuses.
Winner! The damn SRS fuse went out and wouldnt let the car start. Replaced it and all was well.

Anyone know anything about radios? The radio still does not work. Its an aftermarket pioneer that is connected with the correct harness adapter for Hondas. The radio works in the 87 Prelude, but not in the 93 Civic. What could it be?
Old 05-12-2004, 05:58 PM
Banned

bgddyal is an unknown quantity at this point

hit me up tomorrow afternoon, i can help you with your radio, thats what i do for a living
639-0560 alex